Assistant Director for Resources & Waste
5 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Assistant Director for Resources & Waste
£61,791 - £67,419 - Plus market leading package (see below)
Derbyshire County Council are seeking our new Assistant Director for Resources & Waste within our Place Department. Our Department is embarking on a challenging and exciting transformation programme, led by the newly appointed Executive Director.
This is a new role and a fantastic opportunity for an experienced strategic senior leader to join our senior leadership team and provide clear strategic management and operational leadership. You will shape and deliver our resource and waste management functions supporting the reshaping of the newly defined Environment & Transport division.
You’ll be with working closely with a wide range of partners both internal and external, at both regional and local levels acting as the Council’s lead expert in the strategic and operational aspects of your service ensuring the overall effectiveness of service delivery strategies driving efficiencies, cultural shift and the departmental agenda.
Key aspects of this role also include:
- Lead strategic and operational service delivery for resources and waste management functions with overall responsibility for fulfilling statutory duties and for the performance of the full range of services that reflect the Council’s priorities for high performance, improving customer focus, quality, effectiveness, and efficiency. Drive continuous improvements and service efficiencies through effective change management techniques
- Develop and implement strategies for the procurement of waste services including options for partnerships with the public, private, community and voluntary sector
- You will be the lead advisor within the Council on matters of a strategic nature relating to waste prevention, reuse, recycling, treatment and disposal
- Promote and develop opportunities to collaborate and share best practice with other council services and external partners to add value to the services
- Develop, implement, and maintain a Resources and Waste Strategy for the County working in partnership with other authorities to meet national policies and targets
This list is not exhaustive, take a look at our comprehensive job profile on our Derbyshire County Council jobs website for more detail.
What skills/experience will you need?
- Substantial senior level managerial experience in a large, complex, and democratically accountable organisation and the ability to communicate effectively including negotiating and persuading skills
- Have a detailed technical knowledge of resource and waste management functions, technologies, legislation, policies, guidance, and methodologies
- Sound commercial knowledge with the ability to build successful contracting partnerships that deliver high quality, value for money services
- Ability to develop strategic approaches and translate these to effective proposals coupled with the ability to build a climate of trust during periods of change, using leadership skills to generate positive support and energy for proposals
Derbyshire is a wonderful place to live, visit and work. The post will be based at County Hall at Matlock, in the heart of the Derbyshire Dales.
And what’s in it for you?
- 29 days of annual leave plus another 5 with 5 years of continuous service
- Flexible working scheme allowing up to an additional 2 days off per month
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free online health and exercise sessions
- …and much more!
Derbyshire County Council are going through a period of positive development and transformation so it’s a great time to join and drive change.
We are accepting CV’s for this position so it’s easier than ever to apply, but if you would rather submit a standard application form, details on how to do this are available here.
For an informal and confidential chat about the role please contact our Environment & Transport Director, Claire Brailsford – email@example.com
Provisional Interview Date 18, 21, 24 or 25 February 2022
This post is designated in accordance with the Local Government and Housing Act 1989 as a Politically Restricted Post. The successful candidate will therefore be disqualified from: (a) Becoming or remaining a Member of a local authority (excluding town or parish councils); or (b) Standing as a candidate for election as a Member of the House of Commons or the European Parliament (c) Acting as an election agent (d) Acting as an official of a political party, (e) Canvassing on behalf of a political party or individual (f) Publishing material or addressing the public in support of a political party.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Director £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Derbyshire
- Corporate Management Team Director £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Derbyshire
- Environment Director £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Derbyshire
- Recycling Director £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Derbyshire
- Waste Management Director £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Derbyshire