Senior Planning Liaison Officer
A bit about us
We have a fantastic opening within our team for a Senior Planning Liaison Officer. We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic person to join our team and able to help shape and secure new development as well as improvements to highway infrastructure through the planning system. We can offer flexible working with hybrid office and home-based working as well as compressed hours.
Our busy team provides a number of services across the Highways Development Management team, by providing highways advice on planning applications plus working with developers to find solutions which unlock new housing and economic development and negotiating legal agreements which secure improvements to our highway and transport networks, auditing and approving technical designs for Section 38 layouts. As well as working with developers on their Travel Plans to embrace more sustainable modes of transport to help reduce the reliance on the private car and bring them in line with central governments drive towards sustainable travel. As a team we are passionate and committed to transforming our communities through high quality development which is safe and accessible whilst working to create desirable places for people to live and work as part of Somerset's ambitious growth plans. From small development sites though to major enterprise zones and extensions to our main towns including Taunton’s new garden communities. Somerset provides fantastic opportunities to become engaged in some of the most ambitious growth projects in the Country.
Here's what you can expect to be doing
You would act on behalf of the Highway Authority to provide highways advice on planning applications to the Local Planning Authority as well as to developers, councillors, and other interested parties. Provide advice on policy and guidance for planning authorities and developers. The range of opportunities is both challenging and rewarding. Somerset provides the opportunity to get involved in some of the UK’s most high-profile growth initiatives including, new garden communities, housing infrastructure fund, enterprise zones, and national infrastructure projects such as Hinkley Point C.
Day to day activity will involve:
- Provide advice and guidance to colleagues, managers as well as to developers on a wide range of highways development management issues during both pre-application consultation and the planning process.
- Negotiate and secure highway works and contributions through legal agreements.
- Undertake investigations into planning/political/technical issues.
- Provide advice to senior managers on highway development management matters.
- Represent the Highway Authority at planning committees and appeals.
- Contribute to development and delivery of the Groups service improvement plan.
We are able to offer flexible working arrangements, including some working from home and part time hours.
A few things about you
You will be/have:
Educated to degree level or equivalent through relevant professional development.
Experience of working within the planning system preferably with highways development management experience.
The ability to work to deadlines.
The ability to prepare observations and communicate them clearly and unambiguously in writing and verbally to a range of audiences.
The ability to assess the implications of proposals and work with people to develop appropriate solutions.
The ability to assimilate information from technical reports.
The ability to read and understand policies, procedures, and guidance.
If you would like to find out more about before applying, please get in touch with Jon Fellingham on 01823 356298 or email email@example.com
Interviews will be held virtually over MS Teams
More searches like this
- Environment Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Taunton
- Environmental Management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Taunton
- Highways Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Taunton
- Traffic Management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Taunton
- Transport Planning Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Taunton