We are seeking a Bridges and Structures Engineer to join our Bridges and Structures team. You will be working on a full time, permanent basis (37 hours per week), and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £35,745 - £38,890 per annum.
As our Bridges and Structures Engineer you will work Provide an effective service, being involved in the design, project management, supervision, liaison, approval and provision of advice and support in relation to relevant works.
Responsibilities as our Bridges and Structures Engineer:
- Provide professional advice, guidance and information in relation to the relevant area of specialism,
- supervising the work of others and ensuring works are carried out in accordance with legislation,
- policies, procedures and plans.
- Undertake proactive programme identification, prioritisation and treatment design and selection and to
- ensuring that all necessary approvals, including financial approvals, are in place before work
- Undertake site visits and surveys to undertake feasibility investigations into complex schemes.
- Design a range of bridge maintenance and structural schemes.
- Work closely with project managers and other internal teams to plan and implement a variety of maintenance schemes from 'cradle to grave' within budget and to programme, and in compliance with quality, safety and environmental objectives.
- Ensure that relevant standards are applied in accordance with national & local criteria and sound engineering practice to deliver appropriate solutions which offer best value.
- Be an effective communicator at all levels.
What we’re looking for in our Bridges and Structures Engineer:
• Track record for delivering bridge and structural engineering projects, as part of a team of professional engineers.
• Working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges and the Model Contract Documents for Highway Works relating to highway schemes.
• Working knowledge of the design & delivery of highway infrastructure projects using Digital Engineering software, systems and data.
- Experience in the use of specialist IT design packages e.g. CAD, survey software.
- Detailed working knowledge of local and national strategies, policies and legislation
- relevant to the area of work including health and safety.
Detailed knowledge of procurement methods and contract elements.
- Detailed knowledge of how to build up unit or budget rates for programme costs.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of maintenance, repair, design and treatment
- Detailed knowledge on the use of design software
• Site based highways experience to provide sufficient understanding of buildability, traffic management and construction programming.
• A relevant Level 5 qualification or equivalent.
• Good interpersonal skills and a team player with a 'can do' approach.
This position is ideal for someone that is keen to develop their professional career, and learn new skills in the highways and civil sector, as well as becoming part of great team environment.
The posts attract local authority benefits including flexible working and flexitime, generous leave entitlement, training and development opportunities and access to the South Yorkshire Pension Scheme.
Closing date: 21/01/2022
We need a Bridges and Structures Engineer who shares our enthusiasm and vision who can pull all this together and make this happen – is that you? Then we’d like to hear from you!