We have an exciting opportunity available within the Highways Service at Sandwell Council. We can confirm that an opportunity exists for an Inventory Technician to assist the Principal Manager based at the Highway Depot at Taylors Lane, Oldbury.
This post is an important role for The Highway Service, assisting in the delivery of the full range of Highway Services, using both in-house and external resources.
You will assist the Principal Manager Highways Depot, Group Manager and Highway Services in the delivery of the reactive Highway Maintenance service to secure the safe and efficient movement of traffic and pedestrians within the Borough of Sandwell and improve the overall performance of The Authority’s highway network. In particular you will:
- Monitor and maintain Sandwell’s Street Lighting Central Management Systems.
- Update the Street Lighting / Highways inventory on Mayrise on a day to day basis.
- Prepare utility plans and work plans for our depot teams.
- Raise and arrange Streetworks Permits on behalf of the external contractors and depot teams.
- Prepare and monitor work requests for the local electricity company.
- Prepare and provide performance reports
- Prepare inventory asset data reports in accordance with performance targets and procedures.
- Provide written response to streetlighting enquiries
We would love to hear from applicants who can demonstrate:
Excellent planning and prioritisation skills
An analytical approach to problem solving
Some experience of highway maintenance would be an advantage
Some experience of supervision of construction projects on time and to cost
Knowledge of/ and/or ability to interpret relevant codes of practice, procedures or DfT circulars would be an advantage
As would the ability to assess risk and hazards when working on the highway
A willingness to undertake appropriate training and/or work towards obtaining an appropriate qualifications
Experience of using Symology-insight or Mayrise would also be an advantage although full training will be given
Ability to work under pressure, organise your own workload and meet deadlines
This is an important role for Sandwell and if you are up for the challenge of improving our Highway Service we would love to hear from you.
You must have a Business Admin NVQ level 3 qualification or equivalent.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role please ring John Sheppard on 07715003929 or Barry Ridgway on 07769931038 or email either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.’’
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Environment Technician £20,000 - £24,999 Full time jobs in West Midlands
- Highways Technician £20,000 - £24,999 Full time jobs in West Midlands
- Traffic Management Technician £20,000 - £24,999 Full time jobs in West Midlands
- Transport Planning Technician £20,000 - £24,999 Full time jobs in West Midlands