Greenspace & Environment Enforcement Officer
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
You will work as part of a team undertaking environmental enforcement activities which focus on improving the street environment and take action to support Kirklees communities to be attractive and successful.
You will provide a visible presence to tackle environmental anti-social behaviour, including engaging with individuals and communities to promote responsibility and environmental improvement, preparing and issuing notices, investigating concerns and gathering evidence to support prosecution where necessary, and working with partners on shared objectives.
As a front line officer you will wear a Kirklees uniform to provide a visible on-street presence and use enforcement tools to tackle environmental anti-social behaviour. You will investigate complaints and undertaken enforcement in compliance with appropriate legislation, council policy and expectations.
Requirements for this role include:
- Understanding of environmental anti-social behaviour and how they relate to the activities of this job.
- Ability to deal with conflict situations appropriately and capable of being authoritative when necessary.
- Literacy and computer skills to be able to use IT packages to produce accurate notes, reports and and take witness statements.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of all levels and have the confidence to address large groups of children/adults about environmental responsibilities. You will be required to attend Court.
- Understands Health and Safety as it relates to the role and the measures which need to be put in place to work safely.
- You must hold a full clean driving licence and be willing to undertake and pass a KMC driving test to use a council van to travel to sites.
- Must be willing and able to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Following an offer of employment you will be required to undertake a standard medical screening and other medical screening as determined by the Occupational Health Unit appropriate to occupational risk.
What can we offer?
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Friendly and supportive team environment.
- Ongoing training and career development.
- Excellent pension scheme.
- We offer a wide range of well-being initiatives including a cycle to work scheme and discounted KAL membership.
For more information about this job please contact Sam Connelly on 07966 215572 or email email@example.com
12 December 2021, 11:55 PM
This job is subject to a DBS check at the appropriate level, please refer to the Job Description/Profile. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.