Civil Enforcement Officers
Do you have strong customer service skills and comfortable working with members of the public?
Are you able to work on a shift basis?
Do you have a current clean driving licence?
Our client has a great opportunity for Civil Enforcement Officers.
Civil Enforcement Officers are the eyes and ears of the local community, patrolling areas, providing advice to residents, and members of the public, whilst enforcing road traffic orders and issuing parking fines.
If you want to be rewarded for dedication and loyalty, enjoy managing your own workload, being outdoors and have excellent people skills then we want to hear from you.......
The roles are for 37 hours per week, operating on a shift basis with start and finish times varying. The roles also include weekend, and bank holiday working.
From £11.40 per hour and this is a temporary full time assignment until end of April 2022.
Your day will be spent;
- Mostly outside, in all weathers
- Walking up to 10 miles per day, (so please consider this before you apply)
- Dealing with members of the public face to face sometimes in difficult situations, so customer service must be something you enjoy.
- You’ll drive a vehicle as part of this role, so a full clean driving licence is required.
You will need to be able to;
- Interpret and implement the Traffic Management Act 2004 and local Traffic Orders for civil enforcement of parking contraventions
- Understand and interpret complex parking rules and regulations operating in York. Training on this will be given.
You must enjoy;
- Dealing with people
- Be friendly, polite, and willing to offer support, advice and assistance to colleagues and customers
- And PC skills would also be an advantage, as you will be using a hand held device daily.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all WorkwithYork staff to share this commitment. We will require successful applicants to undertake an Enhanced Criminal Records check via DBS.
To apply please visit the WorkwithYork website.
Regrettably we can't respond to every application we receive and please note that to apply for this vacancy you must be able to work in the United Kingdom.