Senior Street Works Inspector
Do you have a comprehensive knowledge of highway construction techniques and specifications?
Have a NRSWA Supervisor Qualification?
Our client is looking for a Senior Street Works Inspector to join their experienced team based and working in York for an initial 6 months.
This is a full time role, with a minimum of 37 hours a week.
The purpose of this role is;
- Managing the Street Works Inspectors across multiple areas and work sites
- Interacting with varying numbers of operatives on those sites to ensure that the sites comply with their Street Works permits and relevant legislation/guidance
- Ensuring that work is undertaken safely, with minimal disruption, and without damage to the adopted highway assets.
Duties will involve:
- Overseeing the work of the Street Works Inspectors (workload distribution, support, advice on application of code of practice and guidance, consistency of approach).
- Providing solutions to complex issues arising on sites, also supporting inspectors in the team in making these decisions.
- Being the main point of contact with utility providers, internal highway team and external contractors regarding works that they are undertaking (face to face, phone, email), to provide technical highways advice/guidance and offer solutions to specific problems.
- Reviewing the list of inspections provided by the Street Works software system, assign inspections to specific inspectors where required, ensuring that the required numbers of inspections are carried out, evidence of non-compliance is correctly recorded and enforcement action is initiated where required.
You will need the following:
- HNC in Civil Engineering or relevant experience.
- Preferably have at least a number of years’ experience as a Streetworks inspector. Must have gained, through experience, an ability to assess the type of work, site set up, traffic management and timescale for a wide range of utility work.
- NRSWA Supervsior qualification.
- A detailed and in-depth knowledge of the New Roads & Street Works Act 1991, the Highways Act 1980 and the Traffic Management Act 2004.
- Experience of working on highways projects/schemes.
- Must have good knowledge of health & safety legislation, CDM Regs 2015.
- Good IT skills using relevant applications.
- Full driving licence is essential.
To apply and for more information please visit the WorkwithYork website.
Regrettably, we can't respond to every application we receive. and please note that to apply for this vacancy you must be able to work in the United Kingdom.