Engineer Sustainable Development
Staffordshire County Council is looking to recruit a Highways Engineer to primarily work on the client side helping to deliver the Council’s strategic outcomes with Amey our Infrastructure+ service provider.
Our aim is to improve transport infrastructure across the County, developing and delivering new highway infrastructure to time and budget, to include delivery of all developer-funded schemes, and support to the economic regeneration capital programme through the Infrastructure Partnership we have with Amey our term service provider.
To help support this key area of work, we are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and forward thinking Engineer to join a small Highway commissioning team responsible for ensuring the delivery of the annual capital programme of highways schemes. You will be responsible for a wide variety of schemes from the point of commissioning through to completion including developing briefs, costing, procurement, ordering, site contract monitoring, and finance for the delivery of the capital highway projects most of which are private developer funded.
Your personal style and approach should be proactive, positive and engaging to people at all levels. You will have exceptional stakeholder management skills and the ability to quickly build credible relationships within Infrastructure+ and with our key stakeholders.
Typical duties will include:
· Ensuring that all allocated project work is delivered to the required standard and in accordance with the project programmes.
· Assisting in the commissioning and delivery of a diverse range of highway projects, from inception through construction to financial completion.
· Assisting with the approval and management of the Employer’s contract management responsibilities in respect of relevant projects and required actions.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
· Experience in highway project delivery
· Experience in site supervision and highways contract administration
· Experience in S278 Agreement processes
· Experience of technical audits
· Ability to deliver to deadlines
· Experience in participating in multi-disciplinary teams
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Awareness of construction contracts
The County Council has adopted a set of values that seeks to achieve the best outcomes for its citizens, communities and employees.
Our People Strategy sets out what we all need to do to make Staffordshire County Council a great place to work, where people are supported to develop, flourish and contribute to our ambitious plans.
Our values are at the heart of the Strategy to ensure that the focus is on what is important to the organisation and the people it serves:
· Ambitious - We are ambitious for our communities and citizens
· Courageous - We recognise our challenges and are prepared to make courageous decisions
· Empowering - We empower and support our people by giving them the opportunity to do their jobs well.
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
· An excellent local government pension scheme
· Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
· The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
· A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
· Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
· Volunteering Scheme
· Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
· Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
· Eye care vouchers
· Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
· Bus and rail travel discounts
For more information about the role, please contact email@example.com
To apply, please visit our website
Closing date: 1 November 2021.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.