Neighbourhood Highway Officers - West and North
We are seeking a recruit two Neighbourhood Highway Officers (NHO), to be based in Okehampton and Tiverton, Devon. The role is to work in a dedicated team to recognise local issues and to provide advice and information on highway and traffic management work.
The role includes supporting local Members and providing regular liaison with Town and Parish Councils, and other community groups, to inform them of planned work programmes and to identify local community priorities. You will be required to assess requests for speed limits for compliance with the County Councils policies, undertake consultations on Traffic Regulation Orders, provide input to land charges enquiries and to identify, assess and prioritise potential sources of funding for requests for local transport infrastructure.
You will also be required to co-ordinate and approve, as required, applications for street cafes, street furniture, planting, banners, temporary signing, road closures, tourism signs, roundabout sponsorship, skips, scaffolds, vehicle crossings, Section 171 and 50 licenses, disabled parking bays, overgrown hedges and others works.
Working for Devon County Council has all the benefits that you can expect from a large employer. In return for the vital contribution that you make, we offer:
· 24.5 days annual leave per year (rising with length of service) plus Bank Holidays
· Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme – more information can be found on the Peninsula Pensions website
· Access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme – available 24/7 to support you with personal and work life
· Flexible working opportunities, including home-working (subject to the needs of the role)
· Discounts from local and high street retailers through the Devon Discounts scheme
Closing date: 5th November 2021