Programme and Change Delivery Manager (Spatial Planning and Urban Design)
Are you a change delivery manager with expertise in England’s local government spatial planning and urban design sector?
Would you like to put your matrix and programme management applied experience and knowledge to the test?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for an extremely talented and confident individual to help us develop our new ways of agile working – this is a unique opportunity for the right person to help us to:
- Embed a new matrix management approach in the Spatial Planning and Design Team, to deliver a number of high-profile projects and programmes
- Lead and drive day to day change management activities, providing support and coaching
- Develop and implement robust programme management processes so we can effectively monitor outputs and outcomes, ensuring effective prioritisation, resource allocation and continued learning
- Deliver an innovative 21st Century service to the residents of Richmond and Wandsworth boroughs
Wo we are…
- We are part of the Planning and Transport Strategy Division and the Spatial and Transport Planning Service under the wider Environment and Community Services Directorate
- People who have an active role in this work, and who you will be reporting to and/or collaborating with include but are not limited to:
- Spatial Planning and Design Manager – line manager for the postholder
- Principal Policy and Information Planners
- Principal Conservation and Urban Design Officer
- We are positive and ambitious – When you join us, you’ll apply the same approach.
Why are we recruiting now
The Local Planning Authorities for the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and Wandsworth Borough Council are preparing to meet head on the challenges presented from the Government’s planning reforms. Over the past few months, we have undertaken a self-reflective examination of how we currently work, where we can improve our service delivery and what planning policy may look like in the future and the challenges this presents to us. Whilst there is still a lot of uncertainty as to how the new planning reforms will evolve and shape future Planning departments, this opportunity to take this step back has enabled us to identify key areas of focus:
- Ensure we have advanced processes in place for effective resource and programme management, transitioning to a genuine one-team approach across both boroughs to meet future demands on our services and enable us to provide a first-class service to the boroughs’ residents;
- Build on our existing strengths and expand on our collaborative liaison with our statutory and non-statutory partners, elected Members and local communities;
- Enhance and build on our effective and collaborative ways of engaging at a genuine level with our residents and communities.
What do we offer
We recognise the importance of a good balance between work and home life so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working including, working from home (dependant on service need) and other arrangements. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process (and beyond) if these are options you’d like to explore. We also offer a generous holiday allowance of 39 paid days (pro rata) including bank holidays and a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts with many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
Next steps and how to apply
This is a rare opportunity to embed a new matrix management approach in a key part of the authorities’ planning department, playing a leading role in both the design and development of how we will work in the future. Your involvement will be central in our success to meet the challenges of the forthcoming planning reforms.
Please register, submit your CV and a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of this role. If you are having difficulty in applying online, please contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com to see if we can offer alternative arrangements for you to apply.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline
Closing Date: 7th November 2021
Shortlisting Date: W/C 8th November 2021
Interview Date(s): 15th November 2021
The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. We strongly advise you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note that the advertised dates for interviews may change due to the current Covid-19 situation. If they do, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Your health and wellbeing is our top priority. Should you become unwell due to Covid-19 during the recruitment process we would very much appreciate receiving an update from you as soon as possible.
We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our teams.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils
More searches like this
- Environment Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Transport Planning Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Regeneration and Local Economies Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Planning Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)