Bridges Manager – Highways and Transportation
The core focus of this job is to lead the delivery of the bridges and structures services and to ensure the effective management of the bridges and structures asset.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivery of the bridges and structures service and devising and implementing strategies and the service plan to ensure consistent, high quality and effective delivery of the service. Ensuring the promotion of the service to all stakeholders;
- Contribute to determining strategy, setting objectives and targets and to the development of policies for the bridges and structures service
- Leading in the development of effective maintenance and management of the bridges and structures asset;
- Working with a range of partners/agencies, both internal and external, to develop and maintain co-operative relationships.
- Responsible for a team of engineers and the programme of bridge inspections, maintenance work and the design of new structures.
You will ideally hold a Chartered membership of an Engineering, Highways, or Transportation Institution, and experience of bridges and structures, however, a person with the appropriate engineering experience close to full membership, could be considered for employment conditional upon gaining full membership with in an agreed timescale at the time of being appointed. You will act as the Technical Approval Authority of Highway structures across the County Council, so an understanding of the procedures involved would be desirable.
What’s in it for you?
We want you to work to live not live to work, we want you to enjoy the things in life that really matter to you and this is important to us. We are a large successful, Highways service that can offer career development opportunities as well as job security. You can also expect to receive ongoing support throughout your role and access to the County Council’s Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) approved training scheme.
We can offer you a range of employee benefits including a competitive salary, generous leave entitlement, flexible working hours, a government pension scheme and access to our ‘Everybody Benefits’ package which includes a variety of retail discounts.
As a council, we benefit from access to modern technology which has enabled us to work from home pre, during and post the Covid-19 pandemic. These opportunities are no exception and successful candidates will be fully enabled to; work from home, their office base with the opportunity to work across the region and beyond.
Apply and contact
For more information about the role, view the Job Description and how to apply click here: https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/bridges-manager
Closing date: Sunday 7th November
Interview date: Week commencing 15th November
This is a politically restricted post.
We do not accept applications from agencies