Traffic Systems Engineer
Our client, based in York city centre has an exciting opportunity that has arisen for a Traffic Systems Engineer to join their busy Team - responsible for the management and maintenance of the city’s traffic signals.
This is a full time role, with a minimum of 37 hours a week for a 6 month interim period, with the potential of the role going permanent.
Working with the latest Urban Traffic Control systems, fault management and CCTV systems, you will be actively monitoring and diagnosing traffic signal faults in conjunction with the clients maintenance contractor. Your main duties will involve;
- Monitoring contractor performance through KPI’s
- Operating, managing and developing the UTC and associated systems, such as DYNNIQ, SCOOT etc.
- Assisting with the management, supervision and administration of maintenance contracts and other 3rd party contractors/utilities.
- Assisting with monitoring the expenditure and budgets of traffic signal related works/projects.
- In essence, be a transport technology expert;
- Have second line traffic management experience;
- Have a strong knowledge of UTC and associated systems;
- Be experienced using relevant technology to meet the clients priorities;
- Have undertaken contract management or worked with 3rd party contractors.
To apply, please visit the WorkwithYork website.
Regrettably we can't respond to every application we receive and please note that to apply for this vacancy you must be able to work in the United Kingdom.