Countryside Access Technical Officer
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
We are looking for a Technical Officer to join our Countryside Access Team.
Grade E - £19,698 - £20,493
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Location: Northallerton – Flexible working
Our Countryside Access Service consists of two teams, supported by a small team of Countryside Access Technical Officers:
- Access Maintenance Team, responsible for the maintenance of the County’s extensive public rights of way (PRoW) network, and
- Definitive Map Team, responsible for keeping the legal record of the network, the Definitive Map and Statement, up to date.
The Service is part of the County Council’s Travel, Environmental and Countryside Services.
As our Countryside Access Technical Officer your core focus is to provide technical support for colleagues within the Countryside Access Service by inputting data and monitoring data quality within the Services Information Systems, undertaking public consultations, co-coordinating maintenance contractor programmes, preparation of plans, undertaking Land Registry Searches and responding to Land Charge and planning application searches; in addition to processing applications and submissions made under legislation relevant to PRoW, and responding to enquiries relating to PRoW made by members of the public and other parties.
The post is based at County Hall, Northallerton however flexible working is encouraged including working from home, or other office, in line with the demands of the service. Occasional travel across the County will be required to undertake site visits and to assist other members of the Countryside Access Teams.
Working at North Yorkshire County Council
North Yorkshire County Council prides itself on being the biggest employer in North Yorkshire as well as being the employer of choice. Our vision is for North Yorkshire to be a thriving county which adapts to a changing world and remains a special place for everyone to live, work and visit. We are a top-rated authority and great changes are afoot to continue with the improvements that have already transformed working within the council.
We welcome and celebrate diversity and inclusion and the strengths this brings to our communities and workforce, we aim to provide excellent and efficient local services enabling everyone to fulfil their potential, to do this we give everyone equal access to services and job opportunities. We heavily invest in the development of our employees, providing training and development to further enhance their careers.
We positively encourage flexible working and we provide you with the technology you need to work from a wide variety of locations.
We can offer you a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Continuous professional development; we invest in your personal development and your future
- Flexible working hours; A local government pension scheme; Family friendly leave; Salary sacrifice schemes; Employee discount benefits.
The post is based at the County Hall offices in Northallerton, however flexible working is encouraged including working from home or other office, in line with the demands of the service. Travel across the County will be required on an occasional basis.
For an informal chat about this opportunity please contact Penny Noake, Principal Definitive Map Officer on 07815 994110 or email@example.com .
Closing date: 20 Oct 2021
Interview date: 5 November 2021
More searches like this
- Environment Officer £20,000 - £24,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton
- Environmental Health Officer £20,000 - £24,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton
- Environmental Management Officer £20,000 - £24,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton
- Leisure and Culture Officer £20,000 - £24,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton
- Countryside Officer £20,000 - £24,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton