Group Engineer - Highways Network Management
Are you experienced engineer looking for an opportunity to improve the lives of the local people of our towns and village centres? We are looking for a Group Engineer who will support the recovery from the pandemic while achieving the goal of major investment in sustainable travel.
As the Highway Network Management Group Engineer you will have the opportunity to work with council colleagues to support the delivery of network management duties while minimising any delays or disruptions. This exciting new opportunity supports the improvement of Utilities’ performance and enables developers to deliver homes as well as business sites. This will involve good communication with those who are impacted by the improvements and developments which is why best practise processes and negotiation skills are key for this role.
We are looking for a Group Engineer who already has:
- Significant civil engineering and management experience
- A high level of effective and efficient communication, both written and verbal and negotiation skills.
- A full and valid driving licence, and a willingness to undertake a Kirklees Driver Assessment, or ability to use public transport.
- An appropriate professional or academic qualification which related to the skills and abilities required for the post or the ability to demonstrate significant experience.
As Group Engineer, your key responsibilities and duties will consist of:
- Managing and mentoring others.
- Supporting and advising teams on monitoring and analysing data.
- Collaborating, advising and liaising with various departments and organisations to understand and resolve issues and requirements.
- Developing strategies and policies.
- Managing and monitoring Capital and Revenue expenditure and programmes including preparation of Cabinet reports to support Operational Manager.
- Undertake and support Principal Engineers in project/ programme management.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with required procedures.
At Kirklees Council, we want to support your professional development to give you the right skills, confidence, and support to really achieve your potential. We offer a variety of courses and training designed for this exact purpose.
We value the importance of having work life balance, so therefore we offer provisions such as flexible-working, generous holiday entitlement, a variety of special leave policies and employee healthcare services.
31 December 2021, 11:55 PM
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Engineer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Huddersfield
- Corporate Management Team Engineer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Huddersfield
- Environment Engineer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Huddersfield
- Highways Engineer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Huddersfield
- Streetscene Engineer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Huddersfield