The Revenues Service is looking to recruit 3 permanent full time Revenues Officers to join our busy teams and help shape the future of our service.
Telford & Wrekin Council is an agile organisation that embraces innovation to address the changing public sector environment, and puts improving the quality of life of all local people at the heart of everything we do.
We are seeking 3 permanent Revenues Officers to undertake a role in either our billing or recovery sections. You will be part of our award winning Revenues Team, responsible for the Billing and Collection of Council Tax, Business Rates and Miscellaneous Income accounts (Sales Ledger).
Full training and ongoing coaching/mentoring will be given.
We are looking for individuals who are committed to delivering a quality service to our customers. If you think you are a good all-rounder then this role could be for you.
In Revenues you need a broad skill set, as you will be dealing with a wide variety of people, from council tax payers, businesses, benefit claimants and other support agencies.
You will need to be good with numbers, able to interpret and explain legislation, and be proficient with using IT systems.
You should also have:
• An organised and systematic approach to work to achieve performance targets.
• An ability to deal with customers in a professional, courteous and unbiased manner, to provide a high quality customer service.
• Excellent communication skills: both oral and written, to be able to explain complex legislation and communicate decisions effectively to customers.
• An ability to work through and interpret complex cases in a systematic order in accordance with relevant procedures.
• The ability to process high volumes of work efficiently and effectively and with a high degree of accuracy.
• Excellent skills of the standard Microsoft applications (i.e.: Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Proficient in the use of Northgate revenues application, or Agresso Finance application would be an advantage
It would be beneficial if the post holder has previous experience working in a revenues environment or a customer services role.
Personal style and behaviours
· As a council employee you will be supported and expected to demonstrate the Councils Core Behaviours. Please note that these may be updated from time to time and are available on the Council’s intranet pages.
· Ability to provide a professional service to the customer, recognising their individual needs and circumstances.
· A flexible and adaptable approach to work and be able to deal with a number of issues simultaneously, responding to operational needs to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet or exceed personal and team targets and deadlines, and be flexible in responding to changing circumstances.
· Ability to manage and prioritise own workload, to achieve personal or team targets.
· Ability to work and make decisions, within prescribed procedures, with the minimum supervision.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact David Siviter on 01952 383847.
Please note employees who are at risk will be considered first for this position.
Only if an appointment is not made will other candidates be considered. Please complete the online application form as CVs will not be accepted.