Traffic Signals Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technician/Engineer to join the Traffic Signals Systems & Operations (TSSO) team as a Career Grade Engineer.
About the Team
You will be joining a team that will consist of 4 members lead by a Senior Engineer, providing specialist support and knowledge in delivering the Traffic Signals Term Maintenance Contract (TSTMC). This is a 6+6 contract which was successfully tendered by Colas in 2020. The TSSO team, together with the Signals Improvement Team, sits within the overall Traffic Signals group with a total of 8 members.
About the Role
The Career Grade Engineer vacancy for the Traffic Signals Systems & Operations team will contribute to the maintenance and efficient operation of traffic signal controlled junctions and pedestrian crossings throughout the county.
Working with the latest UTMC, fault management and CCTV systems, you will be actively monitoring and diagnosing traffic signal faults in conjunction with our term maintenance contractor. Your main duties will involve;
- Engaging within the daily fault management duty rota and providing first line maintenance support to the contractor when required
- Investigating & resolving complaints from elected members, the business community and members of the public
- Carrying out effective monitoring and fine tuning of complex traffic signal installations that may be VA, MOVA or UTC/SCOOT controlled
- Designing, implementing & commissioning minor improvements within the scope of the (TSTMC), using tools such as ACAD, LINSIG etc
- Creating MOVA datasets and commissioning / validating MOVA installations
- Updating the UTC database and implementing SCOOT within our existing regions in Lincoln, Boston & Grantham
- Liaising with utility companies and contractors to arrange signal switch offs
- Helping to monitor contractor performance through Performance Indicators
- Providing specialist support to the Improvements Team and the wider Highways group
You will be an experienced traffic signal Technician/Engineer, with working knowledge of the latest industry standards. As a Career Grade Opportunity, we would welcome applications from candidates looking to progress their career, as well as those already established with Incorporated Engineer status.
The salary range will be G7-G9 (£25,991 - £35,745) dependent on experience and qualifications. For those with lesser experience, you will be encouraged and supported to gain IEng status so that you may progress through to the top of the G9 engineer grade.
Along with a competitive salary we are offering;
- A Contributory pension
- Comprehensive benefits package including excellent discount schemes and cycle to work
- Civil service sports council membership
- Flexible working policies
- Career progression opportunities
- An annual leave entitlement of up to 28 days plus the option to buy more
PLEASE NOTE: It is imperative that your covering letter/personal statement clearly states why you have applied, how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for the role as set out in the Job Description (attached on LCC jobs Site) and what you feel you can bring to this role, the team and the wider County Council.
Applications Close on 06/10/2021 and interviews will be held W/C 18/10/2021.
At the current time during the Coronavirus restrictions, all our employees are working from home if they are able to do so to support the health and safety of all of our colleagues. We are embracing new ways of working and we are anticipating that remote working will continue to be a key feature of this role. You will be given a nominated contractual work base and once current restrictions are lifted you will be required to commute to this work base when necessary.
Our technology platform and equipment is very good enabling you to connect and collaborate remotely. We require that you have in place good connectivity and we will discuss during the recruitment process if support with this is needed.
Please be advised that this position may be subject to a criminal record check
All candidates are advised to read the attached job information pack prior to making an application.
On occasion we receive significantly more applications than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We operate a talent pool scheme whereby candidates who are not successful on this occasion may be considered for a period of up to 3 months for similar positions.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
More searches like this
- Environment Engineer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Lincoln
- Highways Engineer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Lincoln
- Parking Engineer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Lincoln
- Streetscene Engineer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Lincoln
- Traffic Management Engineer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Lincoln