Maintaining high standards as a technical supervisor
Join us as a technical supervisor for Capita RE Highways, a joint venture between Capita and London Borough of Barnet, where you'll play an important role shaping the future of our business. We're in the middle of a transformation, remobilising our services to bring in new systems and policies so we can delight both customers and local residents.
This role provides a fast paced and challenging workload. You’ll make an impact in a friendly team who are responsible for identifying, scheduling and overseeing all planned maintenance of the Borough’s highways in relation to the carriageway and footway network, drainage systems, bridge structures and road markings. We’ll support you to develop yourself and you’ll have access to our newly designed suite of enhanced training products, as well as other learning and development opportunities. We’re looking for the right person for this role, so we don’t mind where you’re located, as long as you’re able to travel into Barnet to attend on-site and client meetings when needed for various projects. Apply now and you’ll have a hugely positive impact on the Barnet community now and into the future.
What you’ll be doing:
- coordinating and supervising projects to obtain the necessary technical, administrative and financial approvals for the highway’s contracts
- preparing estimates and ensuring contracts are compliant with financial regulations, standing orders, policy documents and relevant legislation
- ensuring that contractors are delivering quality services in compliance with specifications
- liaising with the traffic and compliance team to ensure the effective coordination of road space to deliver the scheme to programme, to standard and to budget
- building relationships with other agencies and bodies and internal departments, to ensure the smooth running of the service
- carrying out condition and site surveys and undertaking the preparation of reports with associated recommendations.
What we’re looking for:
- relevant professional work experience in Civil Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Transportation or equivalent
- A BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Civil Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Transportation or equivalent
- good general knowledge of highways and transport policies and knowledge of legislation
- experience of surveying and project cost calculation
- great customer care skills and ability to work across all levels.
About Government Services
At Government Services, we’re transforming the way governments and local councils serve the public. We’re using technology, innovation and domain knowledge to improve services and deliver savings. Our teams are answering 30,000 emergency service calls every day and our Ultra Low Emissions Zone is helping Londoners breath cleaner air.
About Regional Enterprise Ltd
Regional Enterprise Ltd (Re) is the joint venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita. Together, we’re providing new ways to deliver services and meet the needs of the businesses and residents in our local community. Our projects include traffic and highways management, creating new sustainable travel options for local residents, regeneration and planning and development. Join us and discover better as you shape the lives of Barnet residents.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- Initial 23 days’ holiday with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Flexible working options available – just ask
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative, and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.