Highways Project Manager
Keeping us on track as a highways project manager
Join us as a highways project manager for Capita RE Highways, a joint venture between Capita and London Borough of Barnet, where you'll play an important role shaping the future of our business. We're in the middle of a transformation, remobilising our services to bring in new systems and policies so we can delight both customers and local residents.
As highways project manager, you’ll support our Operations Manager (Assets) in the overall delivery of our asset management programme, all revenue and capital maintenance, routine operational works, and cyclical programmes, with particular focus on the Network Recovery Programme (NRP). You’ll deputise as the asset custodian, making sure the end-to-end feasibility, design, implementation and maintenance of all revenue and capital works through the council nominated term maintenance contractor and developed frameworks. With a key role in the delivery of the effective and efficient Highways Maintenance function within the Re Highways Team, you’ll support us to deliver innovative projects to budget, deadline and quality standards.
We’ll support you to develop yourself and you’ll have access to our newly designed suite of enhanced training products, as well as other learning and development opportunities. We’re looking for the right person for this role, so we don’t mind where you’re located, as long as you’re able to travel into Barnet to attend on-site and client meetings when needed for various projects. Apply now and you’ll have a hugely positive impact on the Barnet community now and into the future.
What you’ll be doing:
- supporting with the delivery of key projects and programmes at local, regional and national level
- deputising for the operations manager in providing technical and strategic advice on service delivery
- supporting our strategic approach to drive effectiveness and efficiency
- monitoring and delivering a three-year rolling service plan
- forecasting, monitoring and controlling budgets in relation to financial forecasts
- managing and monitoring project performance.
What we’re looking for:
- relevant professional work experience in civil engineering, building services engineering, transportation or equivalent
- degree level qualification or equivalent experience
- good knowledge of the planning process from highways design perspective
- knowledge of highways design principles
- experience of both bespoke and standard contract forms, including NEC
- great customer and stakeholder relationship skills and excellent leadership skills.
At Government Services, we’re transforming the way governments and local councils serve the public. We’re using technology, innovation and domain knowledge to improve services and deliver savings. Our teams are answering 30,000 emergency service calls every day and our Ultra Low Emissions Zone is helping Londoners breath cleaner air.
About Regional Enterprise Ltd
Regional Enterprise Ltd (Re) is the joint venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita. Together, we’re providing new ways to deliver services and meet the needs of the businesses and residents in our local community. Our projects include traffic and highways management, creating new sustainable travel options for local residents, regeneration and planning and development. Join us and discover better as you shape the lives of Barnet residents.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- Initial 23 days’ holiday with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Flexible working options available – just ask
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.