Business Technical Officer
Working as a Business Technical Officer within Operational Services will be a dynamic and flexible role, allowing you to directly influence the way that we speak with our residents and ensuring that we meet their expectations around customer service. Through day-to-day management of the Waste Support Team, you will oversee a small team responsible for directly engaging with our residents to solve their queries and complaints, working together to increase the positive perception of the waste service.
You will undertake 1-1s, appraisals and call reviewing with the team to ensure our residents are given the best service we can provide in a timely manner and identify recurring issues at the first point of contact to allow for swift solutions to be put in place. In addition, you will act as a first point of escalation for residents, working directly with our teams within the depots and other departments, so solve more complex issues.
A key part of your role will be reporting on our KPIs and statistics to senior officers within the directorate, and this reporting will be directly affecting the decisions that are being made to make sure we are making the best choices for our residents. Through of matrix of systems and feedback forms you will isolate key issues which need addressing, report on resident confidence in the service and monitor the views of our online customer journey.
Operational Services is undergoing major changes to help us give better service and meet our green targets, and because of this you will also assist the Business Development Manager in key projects aimed at making these services work for our residents. You will be exposed to all areas of the service, working with senior officers and cascading changes to your team.
Daily tasks will include:
- Co-ordinating and managing the responses of the waste support team in answering resident enquiries and complaints
- Compiling and analysing resident feedback data from a variety of sources to compile informative reports which will be shared with senior officers on a weekly and monthly basis
- Handling escalated complaints from the waste support team
- Liaising with the council’s complaints team and councillor enquiries team to inform them of any resident communications which will support their work
- Support the Business Development Manager in a wide range of projects focused on customer experience
- Day to day management of a team manager, including 1-1s, appraisals and training/development
- Reviewing the calls made by our resident facing officers
20 August 2021, 11:55 PM
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.