Closing Date - 15 August 2021
Salary - £34,728 to £38,890 per annum
Working pattern - Full Time
Contract type - Permanent
Location - Taunton
A bit about us
We’re looking for a Highways Programme Coordinator to join our Highways and Transport Asset Management team. This is a high-profile role within Somerset County Council, with the team directly managing £14 million of highways maintenance works per year. The Highways Programme Coordinator would work with the Structural Maintenance team to develop and programme that work and co-ordinate with other service areas on an overall programme of £24 million+ of highways works.
Our approach to Highways and Transport Asset Management has recently been reviewed against the latest national standards and best practice. This has resulted in an exciting new approach that will be data-driven and span across the whole life of asset to ensure we target and plan our investments and maximise the useful life of our assets.
This has provided the opportunity to restructure the team to drive forward Somerset County Council’s asset management vision. The vision will seek to exploit new and emerging technology, reduce social exclusion, improve network resilience, accommodate climate change and reduce congestion.
The team will be managing the development and maintenance of the asset management plan, including the co-ordination and development of asset inventory data for all assets, condition data, deterioration modelling, lifecycle plans, whole-life costs and service levels to meet national standards.
We recognise the importance of a good balance between work and home life so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working including some working from home, compressed hours, and other arrangements. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process (and beyond) if these are options you’d like to explore.
Here's what you can expect to be doing
As a Highways Programme Coordinator, you will work with the Highways & Transport Asset Manager to translate asset management operational plans and life cycle plans into multi-year programme(s) of work.
The Highways Programme Coordinator role is pivotal in ensuring the long-term planning of the authority’s highways assets is in line with our established Highway Asset Management Strategy; identifying a rolling, planned maintenance programme for our major assets as part of our highway investment strategy and securing and managing budgets to deliver the programme.
The role will require a significant amount of programme management and control, including coordinating annual programmes of reactive and planned work, but also assisting in developing a forward programme of up to five years for all major asset types to align with national guidance.
Working in partnership with our contractors and stakeholders, you will identify opportunities and plans that will drive down costs and increase efficiencies.
A few things about you
- Experience of leadership skills gained at a technical level.
- Experience of project management and project planning with definable outcomes and deliverables.
- The ability to develop highways engineering programmes to meet strategy. Ability to successfully coordinate and support delivery of programme.
- Awareness of the likelihood and consequences of risk, which can be used to inform and support the approach to asset management and inform key decisions regarding investment and implementation of works programmes.
- Experience of collection, management and interpretation of appropriate data and uses data to inform actions and service planning.
- Experience of developing technical and engineering solutions.
- Technical skills, such as for the choice of treatments and materials.
If you are interested in finding out more before applying, please get in touch with Neil Guild, Service Manager: Highways and Transport Asset Management, on 01823 358224 or via NGuild@somerset.gov.uk
All interviews will take place virtually via MS Teams.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Taunton
- Policy Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Taunton
- Environment Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Taunton
- Highways Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Taunton
- Traffic Management Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Taunton