Senior Finance Business Partner - IDB Property
This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being hybrid office based, whilst retaining flexible working options.
This role is responsible for delivering all aspects of financial advice across the Place and Public Health function to ensure the provision of comprehensive support to all levels of management and Members. Ensuring pro-active and innovative guidance across the breadth of finance functions and supporting complex projects is an integral part of the role.
As a strategic leader, will build strong relationships with internal and external partners and actively contributing to a broad range of senior management forums. As a financial expert will use their depth of knowledge and understanding of key Council services to ensure robust long term financial planning.
Influencing politicians, directors and stakeholders to ensure decisions are made in the knowledge of their financial impact on the business. Driving improvements to achieve greater efficiency and plans to reduce costs balanced with the need to provide high quality strategic advice and direction within the context of adherence to financial policies and practices.
- Responsible for investment appraisal, analysis and assessment of financial assets and liabilities, highlighting the operational priorities and presenting options to executive & political bodies to drive out inefficiency in the pursuit of strategic objectives. Empower and support key stakeholders to maximise sustainable external funding to the Council
- Accountable for all financial aspects of medium-term business planning, advising Directors, Politicians and Stakeholders on strategic financial performance management, pricing and investment analysis
- Lead on the provision of insightful long term predictive analytics, optimising financial modelling and commercial acumen to support business development and income improvements across the organisation.
- Drive the delivery of complex cross organisation projects, influencing strategies to ensure commercial considerations drive transparent and robust, evidence-based decision making. This includes the provision of detailed analysis and interpretation of financial and performance data.
- Work collaboratively with other business partners and management accountants in the development and review of financial policy and 3-year business plans ensuring they reflect strategic objectives and promote continuous improvement
- Influence the drive for delivery of value for money services, evidenced by benchmarked cost driver comparators to analyse trends, identify efficiencies and lever performance improvements.
- Lead financial impact assessments relating to changes in legislation, service initiatives or formal partnership arrangements.
- Be a sector leader for finance, networked with best in class peers and embed new skills & learning to drive performance improvements.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Full CCAB / CIMA qualification with minimum of 7- 10 years post qualification experience and evidence of continuing professional development.
- Experience in application of financial management and financial frameworks in a large organisation, preferably public sector, through a full financial cycle.
- Evidence of providing financial advice to inform complex decision making, including new investment, commercial and procurement proposals, incorporating the application of Treasury Green Book principles.
- Evidence of competency in advanced excel analysis and building of complex financial models, scenario modelling and stress testing.
- Broad depth of experience across delivery vehicles, in-sourcing and out-sourcing solutions, operating and contracting models and asset management.
- Sector expertise in construction, property and facilities management and commercialised services (preferable) which underpins critical challenge and robust due diligence.
- Evidence of direct influence in improving financial systems and processes.
- Experience of evaluating and supporting innovative and effective means of financing the long term delivery of large scale services.
- Demonstrate significant experience of working with and influencing members and / or executives, as well as, multi-disciplinary teams to achieve service outcomes.
- Extensive experience of strong leadership skills and ability to demonstrate credibility, promoting good financial management practice within the business.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Accountant £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Essex
- Finance Accountant £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Essex
- Environment Accountant £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Essex
- Sustainability Accountant £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Essex
- Housing Accountant £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Essex