This position is a fixed term contract for 12 months with the prospect of a permanent roles once the Class C Driving Licence has been obtained.
Fleet Services are Sandwell MBC’s in-house fleet maintenance operation. Based at Waterfall Lane in Cradley Heath, Fleet Services provides fleet maintenance and repair for Sandwell MBC, other public bodies and private sector contracts. With a fleet size of over 1000 items, there is a huge variety of vehicles and equipment.
- Full UK HGV (Category C or C+E). Training will be provided to obtain a full UK HGV category C licence on a fixed term contract if the candidate holds a clean full UK drivers licence (Category B).
- Hold a BTEC National Certificate in Automotive Engineering ONC or equivalent.
- Take part in an out of hours breakdown service.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Environment Technician £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in West Midlands
- Highways Technician £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in West Midlands
- Traffic Management Technician £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in West Midlands
- Transport Planning Technician £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in West Midlands