This is an exciting and varied role for an Engineer to join the Traffic Group and work on the Royal Borough’s Traffic design, project delivery and traffic management of the borough’s network.
We are looking to appoint a Traffic Engineer to work within the Traffic Group (Traffic Team) to:
- Deliver feasibility, consultation, design and implementation of sustainable transport schemes across the traffic engineering discipline (road safety, bus priority, cycling etc).
- Manage projects within the Council’s Local Implementation Plan (LIP), other Transport for London (TfL) funded programmes and planning agreements (Section 106 Planning Act).
- Contribute to the delivery of the wider teams objectives, customer centred, integration with Network Management and collaborative working with Parking, Highways and Transport Planning groups.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate:
- Technical knowledge relevant to the post and grade (traffic legislation, consultation techniques, traffic engineering and highway design, construction standards).
- A relevant qualification, or be working towards a relevant qualification.
- An understanding of the health and safety requirements associated with the work.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- To be adaptable, with a can-do attitude, and demonstrate an appetite for learning.
The Job Description and Person Specification are attached.
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Olu Soyoye; email@example.com 0208 921 2175
If you require any assistance in viewing or accessing this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020-8921-8977
Diversity Statement: Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
High Volume Applications: Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.
Advert Close: All vacancies close at midnight unless otherwise stated
Full Employment History: A full employment history is required for this role. Please provide a full employment history, together with a satisfactory written explanation of any gaps in employment.
Secondment (development opportunity): This secondment is an employee development opportunity and therefore is open to applications from existing RBG employees only. Appointment to a secondment opportunity is subject to the agreement of your Chief Officer to be released from your permanent/substantive post.
How Applications are Scored: Each application is scored according to how well the supporting statement addresses each point on the Person Specification for the role. Candidates will be short-listed for interview on the extent to which they meet the specific points within the Person Specification. The Person Specification is supplied with the job advert. When completing your application, please use the supporting statement section to tell us how you meet each of the points on the Person Specification. We need to have this information in order to consider your application. If you have a disability and are unable to meet some of the job requirements specifically because of your disability, please address this in your application. If you meet all the other criteria, you will be shortlisted and we will explore jointly with you if there are ways in which the job can be changed to enable you to meet the requirements.
Interview Arrangements: During this time, our priority for all of our recruitment activity is to make sure our applicants, hiring departments and new starters are informed, safe and supported. Careful and thorough consideration will be given to interview arrangements and for any essential in-person recruitment, we will ensure this is held in a suitable, secure setting with additional arrangements to ensure any current safety requirements are fully adhered to.