Assistant Director: Place and Climate Change
Barrow-in-Furness has got a lot going for it: from its extensive stunning coast to the fact that the Lake District is right on the doorstep. But you can also expect the wow factor when it comes to our scope for professional opportunity. A series of successful funding bids, and more underway, means that we have much to do. That’s why we’re investing in our capacity at Assistant Director level: allocating more resource to the crucial interface between strategic priorities and operational delivery. It’s a place where you can make great things happen.
This role is responsible for a wide portfolio of work that includes a number of high profile, public facing operational services, as well as our critical work in responding to the climate emergency.
We have a number of high value contracts that are approaching reviews, so you can expect to be deeply involved in specifying our needs for the coming years, negotiating on contract costs and performance measures and advising our elected members on different options – whether that be contracted, in-house or a hybrid approach.
Looking to the future you’ll play a key part in our place shaping agenda utilising the tools at our disposal, such as Planning and Asset Management, to support the ongoing development and growth of our district. And you’ll play a central role in shaping our response to climate change, establishing a tangible action plan that is practical, measurable and that clearly identifies responsibilities and expectations of ourselves and others.
The detail of the role’s portfolio includes:
- Planning and Building Control
- Public Protection, Enforcement and Climate Change
- Asset Management, Corporate Landlord, Health and Safety
- Civil Contingencies and Business Continuity Planning
- Strategic Commissioning and Contract Management
- Fleet Management
- Waste Collection, Street Cleansing, Grounds Maintenance
- Cemeteries and Crematorium, Play Areas and Allotments.
It’s expected that you hold a professional qualification in a relevant discipline, such as Planning, Building Control, Environmental Health, Asset Management or Contract/Project Management; and where relevant be a member of an associated professional body.
You’ll offer hands-on experience of leading change and improvement in a relevant service area, ideally with a mix of delivery models. And you should be able to demonstrate how you have influenced a Place or Climate Change agenda at a strategic level.
To find out more about the roles and apply, please click the apply button below.
Closing date: 9th August
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Director £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Barrow in Furness
- Corporate Management Team Director £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Barrow in Furness
- Environment Director £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Barrow in Furness
- Environmental Health Director £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Barrow in Furness
- Regeneration and Local Economies Director £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Barrow in Furness