Emergency Planning Assistant
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Are you interested in emergency planning and keen to be part of a supportive team?
- Do you have a good understanding of the Civil Contingencies Act 2004?
If you answered yes, we want to hear from you!
The Councils’ Emergency Planning Unit is looking to recruit an enthusiastic, organised and diligent individual to the role of Emergency Planning Assistant.
At a time when Emergency Planning and Resilience in London local authorities is undergoing a number of changes, this post offers an exciting opportunity to develop your emergency planning and business continuity skills by working for the London Boroughs of Richmond and Wandsworth.
The Emergency Planning Unit sits within Environment and Community Services and is primarily based in Wandsworth with hot-desking facilities being available in Twickenham.
Reporting to the Emergency Planning Manager (interim), you will be assisting in the development and maintenance of the emergency planning and business continuity arrangements across both boroughs.
- Assist in keeping under review, develop and amend the Councils’ Corporate Resilience Plan and Emergency Call-out Procedures booklet.
- Assist in liaison with police, fire service, health services and others on aspects of emergency planning and business continuity, including formulating and organising exercises.
- Assist with presentations to staff and contractors on the work of the Council with regard to emergency planning and/or business continuity.
- Be required to participate in the Councils’ 24-hour response rota by being on-call standby at specific times.
Please review the attached Job Profile for the full responsibilities of this varied role.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- An understanding of the Civil Contingencies Act 2004.
- An understanding of the aims and objectives of emergency planning and business continuity.
- An ability to plan and prioritise work to meet deadlines, making the most effective use of available resources.
- Experience of using the Microsoft Office packages including, but not limited to, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience of emergency planning or business continuity work, ideally in a local authority or similar setting is desirable.
If this is the type of career path you have been searching for, you believe you meet our criteria, and you’d like to join our team, we look forward to receiving your application.
How to apply:
Please register, submit your profile and a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of this role. If you are having difficulty in applying online, please contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can offer alternative arrangements for you to apply.
We recognise the importance of a good balance between work and home life so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working and other arrangements. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process (and beyond) if these are options you’d like to explore. We also offer a generous holiday allowance of 39 paid days (pro rata) including bank holidays and a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts with many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline
Closing Date: Sunday 27th June 2021
Shortlisting Date: Monday 28th June 2021
Interview Date: Monday 5th July 2021
The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. We strongly advise you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note that the advertised dates for interviews may change due to the current Covid-19 situation. If they do, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Your health and wellbeing is our top priority. Should you become unwell due to Covid-19 during the recruitment process we would very much appreciate receiving an update from you as soon as possible.
We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our teams, including candidates with diverse backgrounds.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils
More searches like this
- Environment £30,000 - £39,999 Contract jobs in West Midlands
- Traffic Management £30,000 - £39,999 Contract jobs in West Midlands
- Transport Planning £30,000 - £39,999 Contract jobs in West Midlands
- Regeneration and Local Economies £30,000 - £39,999 Contract jobs in West Midlands
- Planning £30,000 - £39,999 Contract jobs in West Midlands