Health Safety and Wellbeing Assistant
Job Type: 6 monthsFixed term contract (with the potential for the post to become a permanent full-time post ).
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and well-organized Health Safety & Wellbeing Assistant to provide administrative and other required additional support for the delivery of the Royal Borough of Greenwich Council’s Health Safety & Wellbeing (HSW) services of which is essential to support the co-ordination and delivery of key service safety standards and objectives and work planning of the service to ensure and promote the concept of effective health, safety and wellbeing at work throughout the Council’s services
- Previous experience of working within a HSW role or a similar is advantageous.
- Committed to undertaking and completing HSW professional qualifications including further continuous personal development and any other required training.
- Good time management skills.
- Be a team player and be able to prioritise workloads to meet required timescales and can deal with issues confidently and be able to use their own initiative.
- Good communication skills to build and develop relationships at all levels.
- Sensible and practical approach to issues and problem solving.
- Excellent IT Skills, including being proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Flexible approach to daily duties.
- Ability to prepare detailed and professional reports, meeting minutes in a timely manner,
- To assist in the implementation of objectives and targets contained in the Council’s Health, Safety and Wellbeing Policy statement.
- Provide Directorates/Departments with basic advice on all aspects of occupational health, safety and wellbeing including statutory requirements, training, safety policies, safe systems of work, and signposting to appropriate management guidance ,escalating complex matters to Health Safety & Wellbeing management as appropriate.
- Support the implementation and management of all internal and school audits and assist in producing required audit reports.
- Assist in the preparation of reports (including various committee reports), letters, statistics, etc. on health, safety, and wellbeing matters and producing & updating HSW policies & procedures & form templates.
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements, HSW policies & procedures and other council required policies and procedures as required.
- Develop and maintains a professional working relationship with the HSW team and all other employees at all levels.
- Manage and administrate the councils HSW software systems & internal intranet ensuring up all systems are up to date and required reports are produced as required. and assist in developing systems based on current and future office technology systems.
- Performs ad hoc tasks as considered appropriate with the HSW assistant role.
- Liaise with other Council departments and representatives of other organisations (including the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and other enforcement agencies) on issues connected with health, safety and wellbeing at work.
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Thomas Kennedy; Thomas.Kennedy@royalgreenwich.gov.uk 0208 921 5588
If you require any assistance in viewing or accessing this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020-8921-8977
Diversity Statement: Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
High Volume Applications: Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.
Advert Close: All vacancies close at midnight unless otherwise stated
How Applications are Scored: Each application is scored according to how well the supporting statement addresses each point on the Person Specification for the role. Candidates will be short-listed for interview on the extent to which they meet the specific points within the Person Specification. The Person Specification is supplied with the job advert. When completing your application, please use the supporting statement section to tell us how you meet each of the points on the Person Specification. We need to have this information in order to consider your application. If you have a disability and are unable to meet some of the job requirements specifically because of your disability, please address this in your application. If you meet all the other criteria, you will be shortlisted and we will explore jointly with you if there are ways in which the job can be changed to enable you to meet the requirements.
Internal Only Advert: This vacancy is being advertised internally only – this means it is only open to applications from existing employees, agency workers, apprentices and GSP/GSS employees.
Interview Arrangements: During this time, our priority for all of our recruitment activity is to make sure our applicants, hiring departments and new starters are informed, safe and supported. Careful and thorough consideration will be given to interview arrangements and for any essential in-person recruitment, we will ensure this is held in a suitable, secure setting with additional arrangements to ensure any current safety requirements are fully adhered to.
Salary: Salaries advertised are for a standard working week of 35 hours unless otherwise stated. Please use this 'Salary Calculator to help you calculate a pro rata salary.