Operations Manager (Development Control)
Keeping everything running smoothly as an operations manager
We’re supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We’re now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
Join us as an operations manager (development control) for Capita RE Highways, a joint venture between Capita and London Borough of Barnet, where you'll play an important role shaping the future of our business. We're in the middle of a transformation, remobilising our services to bring in new systems and policies so we can delight both customers and local residents.
You’ll be responsible for the overall delivery of all highways and development control management in this varied role. This will include acting as consultee for all planning applications with a transport impact, authorising and monitoring highway works including pre-planning advice, construction management plans, travel plans, planning applications and legal agreements, through to highways adoption.
We’re looking for the right person for this role, so we don’t mind where you’re located, as long as you’re able to travel into Barnet to attend on-site and client meetings when needed for various projects. Apply now and you’ll have a hugely positive impact on the Barnet community now and into the future.
What you’ll be doing:
- taking overall responsibility for the service as a key influencer in the strategic direction of its performance
- reviewing and advising on potential structural, system and process changes that will improve working practices
- assist in the management and monitoring of performance, including trends and forecasts
- motivating and supporting your team, building solid relationships with stakeholders and the community
- supporting the delivery of key projects and programmes at a local, regional and national level
- establishing and maintaining effective and regular contact with appropriate stakeholders and ensuring their views are reflected in the delivery of the service.
What we’re looking for:
- a degree level education (or equivalent) with a professional qualification and industry experience
- membership of a relevant professional institute
- previous experience in a senior highways managerial position
- excellent customer and stakeholder relationship management skills
- significant experience in Highways Legislation and Highways Enforcement
- programme and project management experience.
About Local Government Services
At Government Services, we’re transforming the way governments and local councils serve the public. We’re using technology, innovation and domain knowledge to improve services and deliver savings. Our teams are answering 30,000 emergency service calls every day and our Ultra Low Emissions Zone is helping Londoners breath cleaner air.
About Regional Enterprise Ltd
Regional Enterprise Ltd (Re) is the joint venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita. Together, we’re providing new ways to deliver services and meet the needs of the businesses and residents in our local community. Our projects include traffic and highways management, creating new sustainable travel options for local residents, regeneration and planning and development. Join us and discover better as you shape the lives of Barnet residents.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- Initial 23 days’ holiday with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Flexible working options available – just ask
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 61,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita’s offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.