Head of Traffic & Capital Delivery
Hounslow is one of the most culturally diverse areas in the UK. It’s an attractive place to live and work, with miles of river, canals, nature reserves and open spaces. The borough has some of the most beautiful parks and open spaces in London, with no fewer than five historic houses and landscape gardens. Covering 23 square miles, it stretches from Heathrow Airport in the west to Chiswick in the east. The borough has excellent transport links: the A4 and M4 run through the borough and the area has eight London Underground stations and seven mainline railway stations.
We are looking for a Head of Traffic and Capital Delivery to join us at this critical time for Hounslow. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Traffic, Transport and Parking, you will lead on the delivery of an ambitious multi-year engineering programme, including traffic engineering projects, sustainable transport projects; LIP and similar funded programmes. You will be ambitious in your vision for these services and ensure delivery at pace, to cost and on budget. Your professional accountability is to lead, develop, and deliver a first class, modern, and inventive traffic and transport function, working in partnership with a range of stakeholders, partners, and contractors. You will be a qualified Civil Engineer (or relevant equivalent) or bring demonstrable work-based experience that evidences an equivalent level of attainment and competence. You don’t need to have worked in local Government, but you do need to bring a track record of excellent programme management, commercial awareness and project delivery from within a transferable setting.
If you’ve got the energy and expertise that this role demands, with a demonstrable track record of delivery, we can offer you the chance to make your mark in an ambitious and forward-thinking borough such as ours.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact Jefferson.Nwokeoma@hounslow.gov.uk
Please apply by clicking below and submitting a CV/application and supporting statement
- Your supporting statement should address the top 5 things you will bring to the role by giving examples of how you meet the requirements of the role and the values of the organisation.
Closing date for applications : 25th May 2021
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)
- Corporate Management Team Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)
- Environment Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)
- Parking Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)
- Traffic Management Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)