Supervisory Inspector - Gas
Supervisory Inspector - Gas
PO3 £37,722 - £40,869 inc (35 hours per week) – plus essential car user mileage
We are looking for an experienced professional person to working within our Gas Repairs and Installation team which will also include managing various Sub Contractors. Must have full driving licence
- You will be joining a dedicated established team.
- You will be self-motivated with the confidence to represent the Council’s interests in various forums and circumstances.
Part of your duties will include –
- Oversee and inspect Gas works carried out by both our direct labour teams
- Establishing high standards of work, safety and best practice on all works.
- Ensure the team has a customer orientated approach; ensure best value for money is achieved in the delivery of the works.
- Delivery of all works within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Ensure the delivery of the Repairs Service is smooth and efficient.
As an Inspector you will need:
- A current domestic Gas qualification: CCN1, CPA1, HTR1, CKR1.
- Commercial Gas qualifications desirable but not essential.
- Good observational skills
- An in depth knowledge of the construction industry, including materials, electrical trades, building methods and legal requirements.
- Excellent organisational, communication and negotiating skills.
- Good written communication, report writing and computer skills.
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with staff at all levels.
- You will need to have the skills and abilities required to deal with the conflicting demands and timescales, whilst maintaining good relationships with team members
For further information, please contact email@example.com
Diversity Statement: Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
High Volume Applications: Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.
Advert Close: All vacancies close at midnight unless otherwise stated
How Applications are Scored: Each application is scored according to how well the supporting statement addresses each point on the Person Specification for the role. Candidates will be short-listed for interview on the extent to which they meet the specific points within the Person Specification. The Person Specification is supplied with the job advert. When completing your application, please use the supporting statement section to tell us how you meet each of the points on the Person Specification. We need to have this information in order to consider your application. If you have a disability and are unable to meet some of the job requirements specifically because of your disability, please address this in your application. If you meet all the other criteria, you will be shortlisted and we will explore jointly with you if there are ways in which the job can be changed to enable you to meet the requirements.
Internal Only Advert: This vacancy is being advertised internally only – this means it is only open to applications from existing employees, agency workers, apprentices and GSP/GSS employees.
Interview Arrangements: During this time, our priority for all of our recruitment activity is to make sure our applicants, hiring departments and new starters are informed, safe and supported. Careful and thorough consideration will be given to interview arrangements and for any essential in-person recruitment, we will ensure this is held in a suitable, secure setting with additional arrangements to ensure any current safety requirements are fully adhered to.
Salary: Salaries advertised are for a standard working week of 35 hours unless otherwise stated. Please use this 'Salary Calculator to help you calculate a pro rata salary.