Highways Delivery Manager
Terms and Conditions: Permanent, 37 hours per week
Department: Environment and Operations
We are seeking a Highways Delivery Manager to join our Highway Operations Team. Based at our Davyfield Road Depot, travelling between the various sites in the borough of Blackburn and Darwen, the role will manage the successful and efficient delivery of our annual highways improvement programme (Circa £2M annually).
The role has responsibility for planning, programming, tendering, and delivery of highway maintenance schemes, compliant to Health and Safety legislation and delivered through direction of both in-house teams and specialist contractors. The projects range from major road improvements to complex drainage and structures schemes and vary on size and value.
The successful candidate will have significant experience in delivery of civils and construction work and will manage the delivery of selected schemes originating from our design team, including the ownership of health and safety, technical, organisational and commercial management. In addition they will work as part of small management team that delivers core services and work alongside our design team, engineers and subcontractors.
As Highways Delivery Manager will also contribute to the development of policies and procedures within our Direct Labour Organisation operations team and interface with the asset, network management and stakeholders.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of construction safe working practices and procedures
- Knowledge of CDM and relevant legislation
- Knowledge of project management tools
- Knowledge of NEC forms of contract
- Have experience working for or on behalf of local authorities or similar organisations
- Full Driving Licence and use of car
- Experience of dealing with the public at presentations
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to work
- Excellent time management and decision-making skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work as part of a disciplined team or on own initiative
- Lead by example
- Pride themselves on their personal commitment to health and safety
- Ambition to succeed
- Be open and honest
- Demonstrate respect for colleagues and a strong team working ethic
- Demonstrate a sense of pride in a job well done
- Focus on solutions rather than problems
- Be approachable and supportive
In addition to your CV, please include supporting information that evidences how you meet the criteria detailed on the key requirements document. Previous applicants need not apply.