Notice Processing and Permits Officer
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
This Notice Processing and Permits Officer role within the Parking Services Team provides an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual looking for a challenging and varied role. We are seeking a team player with a good standard of education, excellent organisational skills and experience of using computerised systems. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone who is interested in learning about the vital work of the Highways Service including supporting wider environmental objectives such as reducing congestion across the City.
We are seeking a Notice Processing & Permits Officer who will process parking tickets and permits in line with the required legislation and internal processing guidelines. Previous experience of working in a customer-facing role would be beneficial.
What will your main responsibilities be?
• Processing correspondence accurately and within the statutory timescales as required
• Dealing with customers professionally both over the telephone and in writing
• Prioritisation of workload on a daily basis
• Able to coach and support peers within the team to support the development of the service
• Put forward innovative and creative ideas within an evolving department
• Build and develop positive relationships with all internal and external colleagues
What knowledge and experience are we looking for?
• Proven competence in customer facing roles
• Awareness of Civil Parking Enforcement would be beneficial, although not essential
• Strong planning and organisational skills
• Dealing with challenging customers sensitively
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to work within the parameters of the relevant legislation
We operate from a number of bases across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough and the role will be based in Cambridge, although currently working from home due to COVID-19.
Interviews will be held remotely on 29/30 April 2021.
For any informal enquiries in relation to the role, please contact Maria Cowell on: 01223 743 728 / Maria.Cowell@cambridgeshire.gov.uk