Permanent, Part Time
Up to £27,815.40 per annum (FTE)
Closing Date: 5th April 2021
Please note this is a part time position, 22.2 hours per week
Working as part of a flexible, customer focused team, you will fulfil activity within the Community and School Travel team in ITPU, supporting key managers to deliver the Councils portfolio of transport services to ensure that a high-quality transport service is provided to the people of Essex.
You will undertake research and analysis and apply knowledge of service to contribute and lead projects that support transformation of service within ITPU, whilst working collaboratively with suppliers and stakeholders to highlight local solutions to enable accessibility to key services.
Working with service managers and colleagues across ITPU, you will provide insight to the strategic vision of integrated transport by challenging the traditional segregation of activities and identify opportunities to integrate transport to reduce costs and enhance efficiency of Essex transport operation.
· Use knowledge, experience and analysis to deliver transport to passengers across the County, supporting ITPU leaders to shape the network of transport services to ensure outcomes for citizens are met.
· Process requests for travel in accordance with guidelines, ensuring deadlines, target and performance indicators are met and maintain passenger and financial records in accordance with legislation.
· Work collaboratively with colleagues across ITPU to manage financial processes and record both spend and income and analysis to provide advice to managers on service performance and opportunities for efficiencies
· To oversee operational delivery of passenger transport contracts and suppliers to ensure performance and improvements are monitored and highlight issues to relevant managers to agree appropriate actions.
· Be part of a customer focussed team to ensure complex situations are dealt with in a timely manner working with partners and stakeholders to resolve operational issues in a proactive manner
· Contribute to activity which ensures service levels and costs are applied to ECC's service provision that maximise the benefit to local residents and ensure local solutions to ensure ECC financial risks are managed.
· Oversee bus registrations and contribute to impact assessments to determine service levels following changes to the network. Coordinate outcomes, implement and evaluate consultations.
· Support implementation of integration projects to ensure outcomes are met, working with cross boundary colleagues when necessary and provide recommendations and feedback to managers on collaborative opportunities including digital and self serve-options. .
· Work collaboratively with partners to ensure the best overall outcome for the people of Essex, whilst protecting ECC's interests ensuring compliance with all external and internal regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· Educated to degree level or the equivalent by experience
· Knowledge of procurement and contract management processes and ensuring compliance.
· Excellent negotiation and influencing skills with ability to persuade stakeholders
· Evidence of successfully delivering outcomes in in a complex, customer facing environment
· Evidence of continuing professional development.
· Experience of delivering public services in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment.
· Evidence of working collaboratively across an organisation and reconciling diverse and competing interests successfully including experience of working in a political environment, skills in understanding and responding to different perspectives and taking a cross organisational perspective.
· To have a good awareness of industry and commercial legislation and current issues.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888 Lines are open Monday to Friday between 08:30 - 16:30.