Level 1 Occupational Therapist
At Royal Borough of Greenwich, we believe adults should lead as independent and fulfilling lives as possible. To achieve this, we take a strengths-based approach to understand our residents’ needs and goals, supporting them to live as independently as possible. Our is centralised in order to offer services and resources at a universal, targeted and specialist level across Health and Social care.
We are looking for an autonomous and highly motivated practitioner who wants to influence practice and who is looking for a new challenge in the work place. We would value applications from keen, creative individuals who thrive on developing services and the profession.
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to undertake comprehensive functional assessments / interventions, minor / major adaptations and moving & handling assessments.
- Experience of providing formal and informal supervision to Occupational Therapy and support staff.
- Be experienced and knowledgeable of relevant legislation with a proven ability to work with vulnerable adults in a social care setting.
- Involvement in multi-agency / partnership / consultative working, be aware of budgets and experience of carrying out lone assessments in client’s homes / care establishments, care management and safeguarding duties including risk assessments.
- Have a passion for Research and Development
Royal Borough of Greenwich can offer you professional supervision, good terms and conditions, career development and a welcoming supportive team environment.
The post holder must hold a diploma or degree in Occupational Therapy and be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
email@example.com – 0208 921 3090
Occupational Therapy & Sensory Services Integrated Lead
Safer recruitment: Royal Borough of Greenwich is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any roles which involve working with children, young people or vulnerable adults, or roles in which the duties will involve access to sensitive information relating to children, young people or vulnerable adults, the Royal Borough will take up references prior to interview. You should provide details of referees including your current and previous employers, covering the last 5 years. Candidates can request for us not to send a reference request to their current employer prior to interview by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As part of our Safer Recruitment Policy, a full employment history is also required for this role. Please provide a full employment history, together with a satisfactory written explanation of any gaps in employment. Unless otherwise stated, a Basic DBS check will be undertaken as part of the pre-employment checks for successful candidates.
Diversity Statement: Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
High Volume Applications: Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.
DBS: This role requires an Enhanced DBS. (This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act,1974)
Advert Close: All vacancies close at midnight unless otherwise stated
Full Employment History: A full employment history is required for this role. Please provide a full employment history, together with a satisfactory written explanation of any gaps in employment.
How Applications are Scored: Each application is scored according to how well the supporting statement addresses each point on the Person Specification for the role. Candidates will be short-listed for interview on the extent to which they meet the specific points within the Person Specification. The Person Specification is supplied with the job advert. When completing your application, please use the supporting statement section to tell us how you meet each of the points on the Person Specification. We need to have this information in order to consider your application. If you have a disability and are unable to meet some of the job requirements specifically because of your disability, please address this in your application. If you meet all the other criteria, you will be shortlisted and we will explore jointly with you if there are ways in which the job can be changed to enable you to meet the requirements.
More searches like this
- Health and Social Care £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Health £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Adult Services £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Social Care £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Housing £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)