Assistant Definitive Map Officer - Public Rights of Way
Are you passionate and knowledgeable about Public Rights of Way (PROW)? We require an additional officer to join our small, dedicated team who work tirelessly to assert and protect the rights of the public and manage the legal record of Public Rights of Way in Kirklees – the Definitive Map and Statement.
As Assistant Definitive Map Officer your main duties will include:
- Responding to enquiries and requests about the Definitive Map, the status of routes and other Public Rights of Way matters.
- Managing your own caseload of Definitive Map Modification Order (DMMO) applications (e.g. to add previously unrecorded public rights of way or change the recorded status) and assisting with investigation of more complex DMMO cases.
- Assisting with the continuous review of the Definitive Map and Statement through identification and investigation of evidence about the legal status of routes.
- Drafting committee reports about applications to modify the Definitive Map.
- Updating and maintaining various statutory registers and other records.
You will already have:
- Experience in Public Rights of Way and Definitive Map work.
- Degree or diploma in a relevant subject or the ability to work at that level.
- A knowledge of Public Rights of Way legislation and how it applies to the council’s statutory duties.
- Excellent analytical and written and verbal communication skills.
It is essential that you have a flexible and ‘can do’ attitude, possess excellent customer care skills and good IT skills, and that you are familiar with a variety of computer packages in particular Microsoft Office.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact the recruitment manager Mark White at firstname.lastname@example.org
21 March 2021, 11:55 PM
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.