Future Finance Leaders – Trainee Accountant Programme
We are delighted to again offer this unique Trainee Accountant training programme, which is ideal if you are looking to start or develop your career in local government finance.
Our training programme offers you an excellent grounding in a variety of roles within our Finance team, whilst being fully supported to study a professional accountancy qualification with the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA).
This is an opportunity for you to work within an excellent performing Council during an exciting time. We are working to empower budget managers and develop our added value offer to our internal and external clients, whilst supporting services to be commercially aware and identify opportunities for generating additional income streams.
We offer several entry routes and your level of qualification does not change your progression through the programme. You may be:
- A school leaver with a desire to commence your career journey, whilst studying for a professional qualification;
- A graduate looking for a career-graded opportunity; or
- Association of Accounting Technician (AAT) qualified already working within a finance environment and looking to further develop your career.
We would be interested to know more if you feel you are:
- Articulate and can communicate effectively;
- Customer focused and can build positive working relationships with both colleagues and clients;
- A good problem solver and can make productive decisions;
- Flexible, with the desire to add value and continuous improvements where possible;
- A potential leader for the future.
Benefits to our programme
- Full funding and support towards completion of the CIPFA professional qualification;
- Career development from day one;
- Peer support and development with other Trainee Accountants;
- Study and exam leave;
- Management training;
- Opportunity for volunteering and community based project;
- Access to a wide range of training and development events as well as extensive on-the-job training;
- Annual leave starting at 23 days plus 8 public holidays;
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Flexible working policy and culture;
- Working with a well-established and supportive team.
We highly recommend visiting our dedicated website for full details of our Trainee Accountant programme. https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/future-finance-leaders-trainee-accountant-programme
Closing date: Sunday 21st March
Microsoft Teams Interviews: Week commencing Monday 29th March
Online Assessment: Week commencing Monday 5th April
Final Interview and Assessment Days: Week commencing Monday 19th April
(you will only need to attend one Assessment Day - the specific date will be confirmed following the telephone interviews)