Assistant Engineer or Engineer
Do you have experience of working in a highway or traffic environment, or are you a recent engineering graduate with an interest in highways and traffic?
If you answered yes, we want to hear from you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a permanent Assistant Engineer/Engineer within the traffic and engineering division to provide support in the management and delivery of highway engineering services, including traffic and parking schemes.
This is an opportunity to join a hardworking team. You will be providing support to senior engineers and managers designing and supervising a wide range of highway schemes from; minor yellow line parking adjustments, to traffic calming, road safety, and major town centre public realm schemes.
You will need:
- Good technical knowledge and/or highway engineering experience.
- Experience in preparing Bills of Quantities and estimates using contract Schedules of Rates.
- Ideally some site management experience, including the ability to measure work completed and certify invoices for payment.
- Some knowledge of highway engineering working methods, materials and specifications.
- Experience of working in an engineering environment including use of AUTOCAD and associated software packages.
- You may have a degree or HNC/HND in engineering or an associated subject.
- Good IT skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a busy and demanding environment.
- The ability to manage projects working closely with other members of the team and other stakeholders.
The role is based in Richmond Council’s offices in Twickenham, London.
In return, we offer you a stimulating and worthwhile role in a supportive working environment.
Have a look at the job profile online for full details on the varied role you can expect to be doing.
How to apply:
Please register and submit your profile and a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of this role. If you are having difficulty in applying online, please contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com to see if we can offer alternative arrangements for you to apply.
We recognise the importance of a good balance between work and home life so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working and other arrangements. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process (and beyond) if these are options you’d like to explore.
We also offer a generous holiday allowance of 39 paid days (pro rata) including bank holidays and a wide range of learning and development opportunities. In addition, we offer a comprehensive range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts with many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline
Closing Date: Monday 8th March 2021
Shortlisting Date: Week Commencing 15th March 2021
Interview Date: Week Commencing 12th April 2021
The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. We strongly advise you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note that the advertised dates for interviews may change due to the current Covid-19 situation. If they do, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Your health and wellbeing is our top priority. Should you become unwell due to Covid-19 during the recruitment process we would very much appreciate receiving an update from you as soon as possible.
We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our teams including females and minorities.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils
More searches like this
- Environment Engineer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)
- Highways Engineer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)
- Transport Planning Engineer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)
- Regeneration and Local Economies Engineer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)
- Planning Engineer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)