Senior CIL and S106 Officer
UP TO 10% MARKET SUPPLEMENT OFFERED FOR EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATE
- Do you have an excellent understanding of Community Infrastructure Levy?
- Do you want to join a positive and ambitious team?
- Are you looking for working arrangements that enhance your work-life balance?
If you answered yes, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to fill a Senior role within the Information and Planning Obligations Team. Although S106 experience would be beneficial, the key focus of this role within the team is the administration of Community Infrastructure Levy. If you have a wealth of knowledge and experience in all aspects of CIL administration we would like to hear from you.
You will be able to demonstrate aptitude in dealing with complex cases and be adept in coaching and supervising CIL officers in processing casework, trouble-shooting and meeting targets. You will be able to demonstrate a minimum 2 years of practical experience in CIL administration and will be able to hit the ground running with an extensive and varied caseload, including complex developments.
Who We Are
Wandsworth is a thriving Inner London Borough on the southern banks of the River Thames that is steeped in a diverse history. The borough features landmarks such as the iconic Battersea Power Station, Ram Brewery, and Clapham Junction Station, and is acknowledged for its famous green spaces such as Wandsworth and Clapham Commons, Putney Heath, and the Grade II* listed Battersea Park.
Richmond is arguably London’s most attractive borough with the River Thames running for over 10 miles through the borough, linking Hampton Court Palace, Richmond and Twickenham town centres, and Kew Gardens with London. Richmond boasts Royal Parks and open spaces, historic houses, vibrant town centres bursting with life, as well as being the home of English rugby.
We are positive and ambitious – when you join us, you’ll apply the same approach.
There has never been a more challenging – or rewarding – time to work for Richmond and Wandsworth.
- Take a proactive role in administering the CIL, ensuring compliance with legislative requirements.
- Support colleagues in understanding and applying the CIL legislation and take an active role in supervising, coaching, and motivating junior members of the Team.
- Have an eye for detail, a high level of precision, and proven information management and numeracy skills, ensuring the collection of CIL is carried out accurately and effectively.
- Have a professional approach, with the ability to communicate complex information to a broad range of customers, internal colleagues, and senior managers.
- Independently handle an extensive caseload and meet challenging deadlines to ensure that the Spatial and Transport Planning Service is recognised as delivering an excellent service to all of our customers.
- Be able to commute into either Council’s offices, once the situation allows, as required by your manager.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact Fiona Cross, Information and Planning Obligations Team Manager on 0208 871 6309 or email email@example.com
We recognise the importance of a good balance between work and home life so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working including, working from home (dependant on service need) and other arrangements. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process (and beyond) if these are options you’d like to explore. We also offer a generous holiday allowance of 39 paid days (pro rata) including bank holidays and a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts with many leisure activities, restaurants, shops, and other establishments.
How to apply?
Please register and submit your CV and a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of this role. If you are having difficulty in applying online, please contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can offer alternative arrangements for you to apply.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline
Closing Date: Sunday 14 February 2021
Shortlisting Date: Week commencing 15 February 2021
Interview Date: Week commencing 22 February 2021
The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. We strongly advise you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note that the advertised dates for interviews may change due to the current Covid-19 situation. If they do, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Your health and wellbeing is our top priority. Should you become unwell due to Covid-19 during the recruitment process we would very much appreciate receiving an update from you as soon as possible.
We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our teams, including BAME.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils
More searches like this
- Environment Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)
- Highways Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)
- Transport Planning Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)
- Regeneration and Local Economies Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)
- Planning Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)