Environmental Services Administrator
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Celebrating and preserving the unique cultural and environmental character of the borough is a major focus of this department, which includes Planning and Borough Development, Transport and Highways, Libraries, Environmental Health, Community Safety and Cleaner, Greener and Cultural Services. Kensington and Chelsea is one of London’s most vibrant and densely populated boroughs, with a multitude of beautiful buildings, museums and parks. The planning team ensure any new building projects are undertaken with consideration to our residents, as well as our skyline.
If you are passionate about the environment, and the support services required to keep it safe, clean and green, take a look at our vacancies and join our dedicated team.
We are looking for an organized, enthusiastic administrator to join our busy environmental services team. Being a first point of contact you will have a helpful disposition and take ownership of resolving service-related problems for customers. The role will also require excellent communication skills dealing with enquiries in person and in writing, and an ability to manage a varied workload in a pressured work environment.
You will enjoy minute taking and organizing the Teams records, filing and diaries, processing invoices, compiling performance reports, giving technical advice and other administrative duties. Skills in MS Office suite, IT systems, and collaborative team working are also essential as is a minimum GCSE level in maths, English and IT skill. Use and knowledge of CRM and Service Connect an advantage. This is an exciting role and offers excellent opportunities for career development across a wide field of services within a busy inner London Council.
Please refer to the Job Description for more information.
You will need to demonstrate the following qualities for the role:
Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Council policies in relation to Equal Opportunity, Customer Care and service delivery, and the ability to implement these policies in the workplace.
Essential: GCSE Maths, English and IT grade C or above
Desirable: NVQ level 2 in Business Administration or equivalent
Essential: Organised, flexible and resilient; Ability to multitask and meet deadlines; Maintaining confidentiality; Be able to communicate effectively across all stakeholders; Experience of writing basic reports;
Highly Desirable: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Fully proficient in the use of MS Office and Email; An understanding of the needs of our customers; Be Proactive, reliable, flexible, courteous, honest and practical; Ability to adapt swiftly and use initiative to solve problems. Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to our values and behaviours
• Liaise with team members to diarise and arrange appointments as and when required
• Co-ordinate repair works with team members when additional materials or people are required to undertake the task.
• Respond to enquiries from contractors and external stakeholders regarding access to communal areas.
• Logging and responding to complaints and enquiries using CRM system regarding all services and projects provided by the Team
• Maintain the team SharePoint page with an organized and easy accessible file structure, team updates, KPI data and meetings etc.
• Assist with invoice processing, checking for accuracy and conformity within quotations. Assist with preparation of interim and final certificates/variation orders for authorisation by Line Manager.
• Support line manager to ensure work cover in cases of annual leave or sickness
• Diarise and book supervision meetings for line manager/senior team members
• Organise and service meetings, away-days, and other events as directed.
• Ensure that all information systems are appropriately maintained so that colleagues have access to relevant and up to date information.
• Work with the Performance Team to create and deliver detailed and accurate monthly dashboards to senior Team members.
We work in partnership with Hampshire County Council (HCC) who deliver many transactional services on our behalf. Although most communications will be from HCC, all selection and appointment decisions will be made by RBKC. Certain services are shared across more than one Council area to nearby neighbouring Authorities. This enhances delivery and reduces costs. Your recruitment information will advise if your remit extends beyond RBKC.
We will primarily contact candidates by e-mail throughout the recruitment process, please monitor your email junk / spam folder as our system generated emails may be allocated to these folders by your email settings.
We engage our staff with a variety of learning types including face-to-face and virtual learning because we want to ensure our staff understand our values and behaviours, grow their skills and develop their careers.
RBKC is currently inclusively reviewing its pay, reward and benefits framework.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
We are committed to promoting equality and respecting diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.