Head of Built Environment
Based at Britannia House, Bradford
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert, outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
A progressive, forward thinking individual is sought to take a pivotal role to lead and direct a team of 140 professional and technical staff, plus building and maintenance operatives in the Built Environment Team who will manage, maintain and develop the Council’s property portfolio in alignment with statutory obligations, Council corporate priorities and Service need.
The post holder will deliver the effective strategic improvement, co-ordination and management of the planned, re-active and cyclical maintenance of all of the authority’s buildings.
They will also plan, manage and direct multi-disciplinary teams of staff and service functions, balancing ever changing demands in workload and flexibly managing change in a dynamic environment in accordance with the Council’s objectives/policies/procedures/processes/ standing orders, legislative requirements and Department and Service Plans.
The Built Environment comprises the following teams and services:
- Building Maintenance
- Direct works
- Minor projects/minor works
- Electrical/Mechanical/Gas services
- Stock Condition Surveys/Fire Surveys
- Lifts & lifting appliances maintenance/repair/replacement & commissioning
- Asbestos management
- Statutory compliance co-ordination
- Procurement of property related goods & services
- Project Management/Architectural/Quantity Surveying/CDM & Clerk of Works services
- Energy procurement and management
- Manufacture of Windows & doors, Festival Lights (subcontractor/supplier)
You will have:
- Construction related degree or demonstrable evidence of operating at this level.
- Be a Member of a relevant professional organisation such as RIBA, RICS, ACE, CIBSE, CIOB, etc., or demonstrable evidence of operating at this level.
- Minimum 10 years post qualification experience within a Building Maintenance/ Contracting/professional services field which must include at least 5 years of senior management experience including:
- Overseeing construction projects.
- Managing a multi-disciplinary design and construction team within restricted budgets, and ensuring standards and performance are met.
- Management and supervision of Operational and Professional Staff.
- Financial management of multi-million pound construction and property budgets.
- Making managerial decisions in relation to business growth.
If you feel that you can meet the above criteria and can demonstrate that you are a self-motivated team worker, we would love to hear from you. If successful, you will be rewarded with a generous holiday allowance, an excellent pension scheme and all the other benefits you would expect from a Local Authority employer.
If you would like an informal discussion about the post, please contact Ben Middleton, Assistant Director Estates & Property on 07582 101816 or David Hern, Interim Built Environment Manager on 07813 992528.
To apply, please click on Apply
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure Barring Service check.
Closing date: 7th December 2020
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Bradford
- Corporate Management Team Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Bradford
- Environment Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Bradford
- Housing Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Bradford
- Management and Maintenance Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Bradford