PO4 salary £40,869 - £43,860- Short Term -12 months contract - Inclusive of London Weighting.
The Royal Borough of Greenwich is looking for a professional Mechanical Engineer to work within their Engineering Services - Mechanical Section, which is part of the Housing and Safer Communities Directorate
- You will be joining a team of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers engaged on both Maintenance and Capital contracts
- You will be self-motivated with the confidence to represent the Council’s interests in various forums and circumstances with a minimum of ONC/BTech or NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical /Building Services Engineering Services together with extensive experience
You will require:
- A good knowledge of the Commercial and Domestic Heating and hot Industry, its working practices and Regulations,
Particularly, British and EN Standards, The Building Regulations, Gas and Electricity Regulations, Sustainable and Energy conservation technology:
- A good knowledge of the construction industry generally including, health and Safety, materials, trades, building methods, legal, contractual and procurement requirements.
- Excellent organisational, communication and negotiating skills
- Excellent written communication, report writing skills.
- Excellent contract, finance and budget control skills
- Excellent IT skills, in Word, Excel and Outlook and experience of planning, ordering and scheduling systems.
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with staff at all levels.
- Be able to demonstrate a flexible and organized approach to their work
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of the team
- Preferable mobile and a car owner
- Closing date for applications 9th November 2020
Diversity Statement: Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
High Volume Applications: Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.
Advert Close: All vacancies close at midnight unless otherwise stated
How Applications are Scored: Each application is scored according to how well the supporting statement addresses each point on the Person Specification for the role. Candidates will be short-listed for interview on the extent to which they meet the specific points within the Person Specification. The Person Specification is supplied with the job advert. When completing your application, please use the supporting statement section to tell us how you meet each of the points on the Person Specification. We need to have this information in order to consider your application. If you have a disability and are unable to meet some of the job requirements specifically because of your disability, please address this in your application. If you meet all the other criteria, you will be shortlisted and we will explore jointly with you if there are ways in which the job can be changed to enable you to meet the requirements.
Interview Arrangements: During this time, our priority for all of our recruitment activity is to make sure our applicants, hiring departments and new starters are informed, safe and supported. Careful and thorough consideration will be given to interview arrangements and for any essential in-person recruitment, we will ensure this is held in a suitable, secure setting with additional arrangements to ensure any current safety requirements are fully adhered to.