Senior Applications Analyst / Developer x 2
Technology Services (TS) deliver a wide range of business applications that are essential to the provision of services throughout the council. The Applications team are responsible for a significant proportion of these applications, providing development, maintenance, and configuration activities.
We are seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Senior Applications Analysts with a development background to join the team. As well as taking the lead on managing and developing some key applications and websites, you will be a key part of some exciting and ambitious projects such as:
- Migration of on-premise applications to new Azure Infrastructure.
- Optimisation of applications for cloud environment.
- Implementation of a new web hosting platform, Library Management system and ERP.
- Continued roll-out of Microsoft 365 suite and features.
- Take a lead on web application support and development.
- Maintain knowledge of key products and their roadmaps to identify opportunities and challenges.
- Monitoring and managing 'evergreen' solutions, highlight where new changes may cause compatibility, security or usability issues.
- Collaborate with Solution Architects, Security Architects, Infrastructure and third parties to inform and support application design and implementation.
- Mentoring and developing Applications Analysts where required.
- Advanced knowledge of C#, ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC 5
- Experience of data driven development using MS SQL Server, T-SQL, Entity Framework
- Understanding of RESTful and web services, including knowledge of frameworks including ASP.NET Web API 2 and WCF
- Hold Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) and Oracle Certified Expert (OCE) certification or equivalent, Qualification or high level of demonstrable capability with relevant vendor business applications.
- Experience of working within the Azure environment.
- Knowledge and experience of:
- ASP.NET Core 2.x
- DevOps, CI/CD.
- Front-end tooling including npm, gulp.js, SASS, linting.
- Working with Microsoft 365 products, e.g. SharePoint online, Teams etc…
- Understanding of responsive design.
- Familiar with accessibility guidelines (WCAG).
- SharePoint 2016 experience.
- Knowledge of Umbraco, Java, Oracle Cloud or GIS
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on the Working for Essex website.
Apply and next steps
In order to be considered, please apply via the Working for Essex website, ensuring you upload an up to date CV when prompted.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.