Design Operations Officer
Who we are
Essex County Council's (ECC) reputation as an ambitious, progressive council has never been stronger. We continue to make Essex a thriving county to live, work and visit. ECC is one of the county's largest employers, with over 7,500 staff, providing many services including adults and children's social care, environmental, transport, education, planning and benefits.
The Service Transformation team is a new multi-disciplinary team. We're problem solvers. We take a user-centred approach to complex problems to help teams build good services that support the needs of Essex's residents and businesses.
You'll find an inclusive culture and a place where your opinion is valued. This role is based in Chelmsford (just 25 minutes by train from Stratford) but currently we are working remotely full time - there is the opportunity for remote working to continue in the future.
Who you are
You are a highly organised, methodical and structured individual with excellent interpersonal skills and able to engage with a diverse group of people, including Essex residents. You will be attracted to working in a learning environment with creative people. You may have an interest in digital services, operational management and/or agile delivery.
What's in it for you?
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious team who are passionate about improving the user experience and outcomes for people in Essex. You'll break new ground in the sector and in doing so you'll further your own profile and career. You'll also be helping improve thousands of people's lives for years to come.
What you'll do
* proactively support our professional leads to maintain appropriate systems to ensure effective planning and scheduling of projects, including identifying any resource needs to inform workforce planning
* collate and produce insightful information and documentation for executive and/or political leadership meetings, project boards and wider governance structures
* monitor the flow of requests for Service Transformation support from across the organisation, ensuring they are accurately documented and decisions are swiftly progressed
* provide administrative support to the Service Transformation team including recruitment, arranging meetings, raising requests with other services (e.g. IT, HR etc)
* implement and maintain effective file management using robust version control to support knowledge and information management within the team.
* raise purchase orders and receipt supplier invoices to ensure the teams spend is accurately reflected in monthly budget outturns
* monitor team costs and contribute to the compilation of budget outturns and forecasts to support accurate financial management
* day-to-day management of the team's various communication channels, including email, Twitter and blogging platform, to support the team's internal and external communications plan and online presence
* proactively contribute to the team's working practices and behaviours, including establishing measures and providing performance insight to help the team work better. Knowledge, Skills and Experience* educated to RQF level 6 (Bachelor's degree) or equivalent by experience
* evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in relevant professional area
* experience of working in a project delivery or operations role in a large, complex organisation
* excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven track record of establishing, building and maintaining collaborative and productive relationships with people at different levels within an organisation
* excellent organisational skills and evidence of adopting a structured and planned approach to tasks with limited direction from others
* able to focus on the delivery of outcomes, can work under pressure, respond quickly and decisively to changing circumstances and tight deadlines
* proven record of having a strong user focus and motivated to improve outcomes for others.
* advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 tools
For more information, please visit the full advert on the Working for Essex website.
Interviews will take place on 16th October 2020.