Public Space Protection Enforcement Officer - 4 Jobs
These posts are fixed term for 2 years due to funding. Looking to appoint at Grade 7.
At Kirklees, we are looking for some driven and customer focussed individuals to represent the council on the front line as Public Space Protection Enforcement Officers.
This role will require you to work as part of a team undertaking enforcement activities across Kirklees, including our town centres with a focus on reducing Anti-Social Behaviour, improving the environment through enforcing Public Space Protection Orders (PSPOs) and littering offences. You will provide a visible presence to tackle anti-social behaviour, engaging with individuals and communities to promote responsibility and environmental improvement, preparing and issues notices, investigating concerns and gathering evidence to support prosecution where necessary, and working with partners on shared objectives.
As a Public Space Protection Enforcement Officer, you will be expected to:
- Undertake enforcement activity to address antisocial behaviour, breaches of PSPO’s and environmental issues.
- Enforce regulations through issuing fixed penalty notices, preparing and serving notices, collating evidence and preparing cases for legal action.
- Investigating issues of concern in detail to establish the facts to support enforcement preparation and to bring a prosecution case to Court.
- Challenge inappropriate behaviour and encourage improvement through engagement, restorative practice and developing relationships quickly, providing guidance, support and warning.
We are looking for people who have:
- An understanding of anti-social behaviour legislation and how they relate to the activities of this job.
- An understanding of issues affecting local communities and town centres and the role of multi-agency partnerships
- Experience of working with members of the public and effectively communicating service matters.
- Ability to deal with conflict situations appropriately and capable of being authoritative when necessary.
- A full, clean driving license and willing to complete a Kirklees Council driving test and drive a council van.
This role will require you to work outdoors in all weathers, and you will be expected to work some evenings and weekends.
At Kirklees Council, we want to support your professional development to give you the right skills, confidence and support to really achieve your potential. We offer a variety of courses and training designed for this exact purpose. We value the importance of having work life balance, so therefore we offer provisions such as a generous holiday entitlement, a variety of special leave policies, employee healthcare services and a childcare voucher scheme.
For more information about this post please contact Sam Connelly, Greenspace Action Team Manager on 01484 221000.
Closing date: 20 September 2020, 11:55 PM
This job is subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
To apply for this job as a secondment you must be a substantive employee of the Council with over 6 months continuous service and have successfully completed your probation period.
Applications for secondments will only be accepted if approved by your manager, you will be asked to confirm on your application form that you have the relevant permission.
If you are refused permission to apply for a secondment please contact HR Recruitment to register the refusal.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.