Skilled Road Worker (TRR)
- Are you looking for a new challenge?
- Are you seeking working arrangements that enhance your work-life balance?
- Do you want to be part of a supportive team and use an innovative method of working on the highway?
If you answered yes, we want to hear from you!
About the opportunity:
We are currently recruiting to fill 3x permanent Skilled Road Worker (TRR) posts. You will report directly to the Contract Supervisor and be required to deliver on a broad range of reactive and routine highway repairs. The main position will be to carry out Thermal Asphalt repairs to the highway and traffic management and be an integral part of the winter service needs.
Who we are:
The Direct Services Organisation (DSO) is part of ECS (Environment and Community Services Directorate). ECS is responsible for a diverse remit of services across both boroughs such as parks and open spaces, waste management, highways, engineering and planning.
You will be joining an already well established workforce within the Shared Staffing Arrangement in the boroughs of Richmond and Wandsworth. We use Thermal Road Repair technology, an innovative method to repair the highways.
- Repair carriageways using thermal road repair machinery, along with any other highway requests as directed.
- Provide a skilled response to a broad range of highway faults and street furniture.
- Plan your work in a suitable manner to maximise your productivity.
- Have previous experience in highways maintenance, particularly carriageway repairs.
- Prepared to undertake training in the use of Thermal Road Repair equipment.
- NRSWA Certificated and hold a current Streetworks card.
- Self-motivated and also an effective team player.
- Able to produce work of a high standard and at an acceptable productivity rate.
- Able to work “out of hours” when the need arises.
- Hold a current LGV driving licence.
Please review the attached Job Profile for further information on this exciting role you will be expected to be doing.
Why choose us:
In return, we can offer you working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance. These include competitive salary, basic 36 hour week, overtime when available and a generous holiday allowance of 31 days plus bank holidays.
In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments. A wide range of developmental opportunities are also offered.
How to apply:
Please register, complete our standard questionnaire and submit your CV. If you are having difficulty in applying online, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0208 871 8825 or firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can offer alternative arrangements for you to apply.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline
Closing Date: Sunday, 27 September 2020
Shortlisting Date: Week commencing 28 September 2020
Interview Date: Week commencing 5 October 2020
Please note that these dates are only indicative at this stage and could be subject to change. The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.