Assistant Director of Transport & Sustainability
The Royal Borough of Greenwich has experienced an unprecedented programme of regeneration. As our plans for place making and economic revival evolve, our overriding priority is to ensure that all residents and communities can fulfil their potential. That’s where you come in.
About the role
This dynamic role will see you provide strategic leadership to our transport strategy which includes the DLR to Thamesmead, improved east west and north south transport links across the borough, alongside delivering key programmes and business as usual activity such as highways, traffic and parking. In addition, a key part of your role will be working corporately to deliver and coordinate the Greenwich Carbon Neutral Plan.
This is a critical role that will take the ability to build and inspire relationships with internal departments and all key stakeholders including the GLA, TfL, London Councils, local authority partners and resident and community groups.
Our plans are ambitious and we’re looking for someone who recognises the opportunities for transforming services, has a strong approach to programme management that is flexible and is an approach that delivers what we say we will do in a transparent and open way. You’ll bring experience of working in a political environment, experience of working with TfL alongside securing funding to ensure we achieve our ambitions.
Join us and as well as having the opportunity to make an impact on the future of this prestigious borough, you’ll enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Up to 31 days leave per year
- a range of flexible working arrangements
- excellent pension scheme
- learning and development opportunities to maximise your potential
- annual season ticket loan
- cycle to work scheme
- payroll giving
- Greenwich One Card which entitles you to discounts at local businesses
- discounted health and fitness membership
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Networks
To find out more call Joshua Bembridge on 07739 985 331, or Ben Cox on 07809 374 692. Closing date for applications: 2nd October 2020.
Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Head of Service £100,000-plus Full time jobs in London (South)
- Corporate Management Team Head of Service £100,000-plus Full time jobs in London (South)
- Environment Head of Service £100,000-plus Full time jobs in London (South)
- Highways Head of Service £100,000-plus Full time jobs in London (South)
- Transport Planning Head of Service £100,000-plus Full time jobs in London (South)