Business Support Officer - Environmental Health - up to 2 jobs
Job 1: 37 Hours
Job 2: 30 Hours (£15,239 - £15,544)
You will be part of a small team providing business and administrative support in the Environmental Service which is made up of:
- Pollution and Noise Control
- Food Safety and Hygiene
- Pest Control
- Health and Safety
- Infectious Diseases
- Animal Health/Animal Licensing
You will be based in one location but may have to travel to attend meetings and provide admin support across the Economy & Infrastructure Directorate.
Duties may include:
- Specialist word processing
- Specialist IT administration
- Arrange meetings and take minutes as appropriate
- Data processing (input and retrieval) – including service based IT systems
- Information and records management as directed
- Responding to non-routine enquiries/complaints, signposting as required
- General administrative duties as required
- Taking payments by phone using the Paye.Net system
- Logging calls and emails from customers then allocating to Officers
It is essential that you have a flexible and ‘can do’ attitude, possess excellent customer care skills and good IT skills and that you are familiar with a variety of computer packages in particular Microsoft Office and that you are able to demonstrate business and administrative skills to NVQ level 2.
Please refer to the Job Profile and Day in The Life for further information.
31 August 2020, 11:55 PM
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.