Neighbourhood Highway Engineer
- Contract Type
- Full time
Exeter, Devon EX27LL
Permanent, full time
We are seeking an experienced highway engineer with extensive knowledge of highway maintenance and traffic management to lead the local team serving the Exeter and Exmouth Area.
- be educated to degree level or equivalent
- possess excellent communication and negotiating skills
- have an extensive knowledge of highways materials and maintenance processes in order to manage the local highway maintenance programme and respond to winter and emergency events
- be familiar with legislation related to highways and traffic management, particularly the Highways Act 1980, Traffic Management Act 2004 and New Roads & Street Works Act 1991, applying professional judgement and discretion to detailed information, recording and assessing it, identifying conflicts or offences and resolving
- you will have an extensive knowledge of highways materials and maintenance processes in order to manage the local highway maintenance programme and respond to winter and emergency events.
The successful candidate will be in regular liaison with elected members and local councils to provide advice on a wide range of highways matters.
- flexible working opportunities,
- local government pension scheme,
- employee assistance programme, and internal discount schemes.
For an informal discussion please contact Tom Vaughan on 01392 383000.
For the full job description and to apply for the role, please visit www.devonjobs.gov.uk and search using reference REC/19/06244.
Closing date: 15/11/19.