Contract Monitoring Officer (Streets and Grounds)
The local highways and street scene team currently has three vacancies for technicians to carry out the statutory and safety functions of the service.
This is an interesting and varied role involving inspecting and monitoring the condition of the highway to ensure that it is maintained to the statutory standard and provide the necessary documentation to protect the council from claims.
About the role
You will ensure that roads built by private developers that are to be adopted are constructed in accordance with Wiltshire Council’s specifications by monitoring construction works and liaising with the developer’s agent. You will also inspect and respond to reports from our customers via the MyWiltshire App.
- Ensuring that cleanliness does not contravene the Code of practice for litter and refuse.
- Monitoring the condition of amenity open spaces for grounds maintenance.
- Investigating and actioning service requests submitted by members of the public
- Undertake inspections and ad-hoc contract performance checks on all services when visiting or passing specific sites or areas such as public conveniences, play areas etc.
- Give assistance in health and safety and risk assessments both the council’s and partners seeking advice on proper procedures.
- Provide cover for other technicians during periods of absences when requested. Provide support to the area engineer in respect to their role in particular with regard to investigations, granting permissions/licences and working with other bodies/originations. Assist in control of emergencies as required.
You will need an HNC or equivalent in civil engineering or relevant experience in a highways or street scene post, a sound knowledge of mapping systems and excellent IT skills. You will also need to be an effective communicator with excellent negotiation skills.
In return, you will have the opportunity to broaden your technical knowledge in a highways and street scene field with the full support of an experienced team.
You can then make your application online by clicking the apply button at the bottom of this web page.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Find out more and apply
Please download and read the role description and person specification carefully before you apply (see below), as well as our values and behaviours framework (Approximately half of all interview questions relate to the framework).
You can then make your application online by clicking the apply button at the bottom of this web page. If you are submitting a CV please ensure you read our CV and cover letter criteria carefully to avoid your CV being rejected.
For specific information about this job, please contact Christopher Clark, Client Area Manager. Email: Christopher.Clark@wiltshire.gov.uk Telephone: 01225 718369
This role is subject to certain successful security checks; please see role description for more information.
Values and Behaviours Framework
All candidates are assessed against the Council’s Behaviours Framework (available below) during the interviewing process. Approximately half of all questions relate to the framework.
Download Attached Documents:
RT08-0526 Technician RD.docx
Interviews, offers and rejections will happen on a rolling basis. This advert will close when sufficient applications have been received. Please apply as soon as possible to ensure that your application can be considered.