Highway Maintenance Senior Professional and Technical Officer - Level 1
Working in the Strategic Highway Maintenance Team, you will both project manage and assist, senior colleagues to arrange a variety of work from concept through to completion. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has worked previously in a technical environment, and is partly office based, but also includes a significant amount of work at various sites throughout Bristol.
The job involves project managing and assisting senior colleagues with coordinating tasks and projects, using appropriate techniques to ensure that the team meets its delivery targets and statutory obligations.
· Under the guidance of the team manager, take the lead or assist on assigned projects and delivery objectives, ensuring the effective deployment of delegated resources to achieve agreed targets.
· Develop specific expertise in the team’s overall work programme, with the aim of becoming a source of authoritative advice and guidance to current and future project teams, within the Transport Division.
· Offer advice, information and assistance to colleagues, Council teams, the Public, Elected Members, Business and Government Bodies; providing expert interventions and interpretations when necessary, in order to ensure that services are delivered to a high customer satisfaction level, and in accordance with the Division’s communication strategies.
· Contribute to the development of service improvement and quality assurance in regard to allocated functions; and to respond to operational needs and maximise service provision by creating, developing, and implementing, innovative working solutions.
· Communicate and interpret a range of technical transport related information, from internal sources or external stakeholders, to progress the work of the team.
· Design and implement a range of technical solutions to maintain, develop, and/or enhance the highway infrastructure, and/or related functions.
You should have qualifications to National Qualifications Framework/Qualifications and Credit Framework/Framework for Higher Education Qualifications Level 4, or equivalent and substantial relevant experience, and hold a full valid driving licence.
As much of the work is site based there is a requirement to work in all types of weather, and at times outside of normal working hours, which may include evenings, weekends, or nights.
Join us and you will receive a generous rewards package including flexible working and flexi-time, membership of the Local Government Pension scheme, and a generous annual leave allowance. In addition, you will be working in a supportive environment where you will have the chance to make Bristol a better place and contribute to its future.
To apply, please click on the apply button to visit our website.
Closing date: 27 October 2019.