Trading Standards Officer (Intellectual Property)
Contract Type: Fixed Term/Secondment – 2 years, Full time, 36 hours per week
Alternative flexible working options available/open to discussion
Click HERE for information on Camden’s flexible working options
Camden is focused on creating the conditions for people to lead high quality and fulfilling lives. We are committed to delivering frontline services in an efficient and professional manner reaffirming our responsibility to quality of life for our communities.
As a Trading Standards Officer within Environmental Health, Business and Consumer Services your focus will focus on ensuring high levels of compliance with a wide range of consumer protection related legislation. You will also liaise closely with a range of Council partners and enforcement agencies in order to deliver positive outcomes on behalf of Camden citizens.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and will require an Enhanced DBS.
We are seeking to recruit highly motivated and experienced Trading Standards Officer’s to join our busy Business and Consumer Services team. You will:
- Have competency in trading standards and/or consumer protection work with recent experience of delivery and training for role requirements
- Have experience of managing and investigating complex casework using your own initiative and with limited supervision
- Have a detailed knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework relating to trading standards and relevant experience in its application to casework, including enforcement.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills, to include report writing and presentations.
- Work closely with internal and external partners across a range of different agencies to meet objectives and progress casework.
- Have an organised approach to your own workload whilst dealing with conflicting priorities and a customer service focused approach.
- Have the ability to analyse data to inform leads, decision-making and resource deployment to achieve case resolution.
- Understand the importance of accurate data and be able to manage information securely.
Camden’s main offices are located in modern, award-winning offices at King’s Cross. You can expect an exceptional range of benefits including discounted access to the onsite leisure facilities with swimming pool, recognition and reward for high performance with progression and pay increases, flexible and agile working hours and access to a leading pension scheme.
Camden is proud to be the country’s first Timewise council and as part of this accreditation, we work to help parents balance work with childcare. This fits in with our aim to be leaders in innovative, flexible and part-time working that allows for different patterns of care and for parents to share childcare responsibilities.
Click HERE to see the full details of our excellent benefits
Make it work for you. Make it your Camden.
Discover and Diversity
To “discover” more about Camden and our commitment towards diversity, equality and safeguarding, please visit our recruitment website
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Camden to help you decide whether we’re a good fit for you, please click HERE to complete our online scenario based questionnaire. Please note, this does not form part of the application and will not be used as part of the selection process.
How to apply
To apply for this job please follow the "Apply" link. In the ‘Why you?’ section of the application form you will be expected to explain how you meet the key requirements for this role listed in this Job Profileattached at the bottom of this Advert. When explaining how you meet each of the requirements, please give examples that clearly demonstrate your skills, knowledge and experience. When writing your examples give a brief description of the situation or task but focus on the actions you took and the result of your actions.
Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as inclusive as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition. If you would like us to do anything differently during the recruitment process, or provide any information in an alternative format, please contact us on 020 7974 6655, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or post to 5 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG.
Closing dates for applications: Sunday 25th August 2019 at 23:59
Interviews to be held: TBC
Please quote reference: 190000D3
To view the Job Profile please click HERE